Book Review: Defending Jacob

It's been a while since I've posted a book review for you all (mainly because I was reading some of the  Game of Thrones books which took me a LONG time to get through). Since I just recently finished a book that I was reading for my book club, I figured I'd give you my take on it, especially since the weekend is near, and you might need a book recommendation!

The book I read was called Defending Jacob by William Landay

If you can get the book from your library (either hard copy or e-copy for your Kindle/Nook), I'd recommend it since the book is $14 on Amazon e-books. (I'm only saying this to save you money, not as a reflection of the book itself).

The book is about the murder of a teenage boy in a smallish town. The story is told from the perspective of the area's District Attorney, who is first assigned to the case. But when his son is charged with the murder of the classmate, things get interesting. 

I found the book really engaging--seeing the different sides of a legal case, while uncovering important details, wondering whether or not the son really did commit the murder, going back and forth over your feelings about the main character's son, Jacob. It was all very gripping.

It was an easy, interesting read and had some twists and turns that I was not expecting.

If you're looking for a good book, I'd definitely recommend this one. It had me drop my jaw a few times throughout the book with the unexpected events.

Two thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. i'll add this to my e-library list. i heard good things but this isnt my normal type of read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was amazing ... I read it over the course of three days, and loved all the twists and turns. I honestly never saw that ending coming! Great read!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!