Useful Things to Start the Week

Hello, all! I hope you had wonderful weekends! Mine involved doing a bit of spring cleaning through my closet--get excited Salvation Army!--, doing some errands and visited my dad to spend some Daddy-Daughter time with him since my mom was out of town (trying to be a good daughter!)

Today I'm linking up with Meg over at Life of Meg for Mingle Monday:
Mingle 240


So, what better way to start off the week than with some useful stuff? First off is a recipe:
Today I thought I would, once again, spotlight one of my favorite recipes to make. And yes, it's in a crock pot. This one tops the list because it's delish and quite possibly one of the easiest things to make. Ever. (When explaining how easy it was to my boyfriend, I explained that I'm pretty sure even a monkey with brain damage could follow the steps). I made CrockPot Salsa Chicken yesterday (another recipe from the awe-inspiring crockpot lady over at A Year of Slow Cooking). All you do is dump chicken (frozen or not), salsa, frozen corn and a can of black beans into the crock pot and set it. I like to shred the chicken once it's cooked, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and make Spanish Rice on the side. You can eat it over chips, alone, or make it into a burrito! No matter how you eat it, it's full of flavor and absolutely deeeeeeeeeeeee-lish!


My second usefulness to offer up comes from Real Simple's website (love this magazine--if you don't subscribe I highly recommend it). I found a way of making icky erasers not so icky. Take a nail file (emory board) and rub it against the icky part of the eraser, whether it's hard and dried out or covered in black lead smears, and it makes it use-able again. I know as a teacher who has kids constantly poking holes in, coloring on, and finding multitudes of other ways of destroying using my supplies, this one will come in handy! (website and picture source) Go and check the site out for other useful ideas!


That's all I've got for you guys today! :)

My little loveable pup, Cooper, and I want to wish you all a happy Monday!!! (I'm still learning with the new SLR camera, but I think this one's pretty cute...then again, I'm a little biased :)


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE real simple. there are so many great ideas I don't know how I used to live without!

    Just stopping by from mingle monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying hi from Mingle Monday! 1) I love your background, so cute! 2) Great recipe, I will have to try that out! I love cooking with my crock pot, too. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real Simple always has the best ideas! Stopping by from Mingle Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute and I love your little puppy! We have a little one that looks just like him but my husband is named Cooper so we couldn't name him that;-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!