Pre-Xmas Stuff & Merry Christmas!

Hey friends!

I'm back with a recap of what I was up to before Xmas this past weekend.

Friday was a night out to celebrate a friends' promotion. Tons of fun and unhealthy eating.

Saturday was running last minute errands. And hitting the gym.

Sunday MG and I decided to go to Mt. Vernon, George Washington's home. In the 4 years that I've worked down the road from this "monument" I had never been to visit it. The day was slightly chilly, but there were clear skies and not too much wind so it was perfect to put on some Uggs and go exploring :)
Part of the front of the grounds
The back of the house that faces the Potomac

MG humoring me and taking a pic in front of one of the bazillion Xmas trees on
the property
It was really cool to see a piece of history and walk through the house that GW lived and died in. The grounds are MASSIVE so we did a fair amount of walking around which was good for feeling like we did something active.

Afterwards we grabbed a quick bite to eat at a little cafe on the way home. It was small, the waitress was incredibly friendly, and the food was light and delicious. A perfect way to top off our afternoon.

Later that night was, what has now become, our Christmas Date Night tradition of going to DC for dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill, and then going to see the National Xmas tree and all of the little trees. (There is a tree for every state that is decorated with things that commemorate each state).
Not a bad view for the drive into the city
After a delicious array of oysters, our main courses and pumpkin creme brule for dessert
at Old Ebbitt
Bundled up to see the National Xmas tree
It was nice spending the day doing touristy things, having dinner at the same place we had our Xmas dinner date at a year before, and reminiscing about things from the last year. We will definitely be continuing this tradition next year and in the years to come.

Today, MG drove home and I'm at home spending time with my parents today and part of tomorrow. Then I'll be making the journey up to Philly via train to see my guy, his family, and exchange presents.

I feel incredibly blessed to have such loving parents, a caring boyfriend, and his overwhelmingly kind family to celebrate this season with.

A special thanks goes out to my buddy Trish for stopping by with my hand-made bag and scarf! You're the best :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Washington Monument at night, but have never gotten to go to his house! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Old Ebbits and going to see the National Christmas tree! We did Georgia Brown's and then the tree this year. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!