Just Workin' on My Fitness

If you follow me on Pinterest, you know that the title of this post is also the name of my workout board.

Lately I've been trying to kick my butt into gear to get more toned up by going to the gym more regularly, but I've felt a little stagnant.

I've noticed in the last 2 months it hasn't been as easy for me as it was in the past to tone up on the quick, so I've been trying to incorporate some different things into my workout routine. A good friend of mine (hey P!nky) reminded me that my body might be getting used to my routine of elliptical and ab work.

Remember back when I was getting ready to go to Mexico? And it was RIGHT after Holiday season? (cue scary sounds, screams, etc) I found a video on Pinterest from Dr. Oz with Shaun T (from the Insanity workouts), and MG and I decided to incorporate this 15 minute routine into every other day of the week for two weeks before we went. Let me tell you, it really kicked my butt into gear and got me toned! Evidence--->

Below is the link to the page. I was nervous to get into Insanity but after doing this video for about 2 weeks, I felt like I might be able to tackle some of the regular Insanity workouts (mayyyybeee...)


Source: doctoroz.com via Jenn on Pinterest

I've also been using Brooke Burke's video Tone and Tighten (you can get it on Amazon here) to get an all over workout, and it really helps. I have trouble doing this one more than once a week (or at least not within 2 days of doing it) because I hurt so bad that it's hard to walk normally afterwards (but while doing it, it's not that painful). It's a good butt kicking...literally. I also like that there are different options to customize the workout (warm up, upper body, lower body and core, along with a cool down), so you can select which ones you want to do. I really love Brooke's energy--she's encouraging and just looking at her body while she's doing it keeps me motivated to try and look like her!

On top of these, and doing the elliptical, I've been trying to up my water intake every day. Some days I do better than others. And some days I end up running to the bathroom like every 30 minutes it seems. But it's worth it and my body feels good. Plus, it helps me to not want to snack as much.

My main problem area is my lower tummy (right below my belly button) and my sides. Again, I know I'm not overweight, but I'm just not where I want to be, and not as toned as I'd like to be/been in the past.

What do you do to work on these areas/overall? 
Do you think you have the balls nerve to try the Dr. Oz/Shaun T workout? If you do, you won't regret it, and you'll feel really good after! Pinky promise!

3 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd say this, but after almost 9 months of 'taking it easy' (meaning just walking, stretching and light aerobic workouts), I am SO ready to get back to really working out. Hopefully the delivery will go well and I can get back to my yoga, kickboxing and regular workouts in just a few weeks. Until then, kick some workout bootay for me! And please remind me that I said this when I start complaining about not wanting to work out, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the fitness shake up is just what you need. I've had success with interval training and you FEEL like you are working hard which is a bonus.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this workout tonight when I get home from work! I do Bootcamp 3x a week and usually 2 other workouts, but I need to kick in in gear because I'm going to Mexico in just over 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!