Shrimp and Guac Tostadas (best recipe EVER)

I'm not even kidding you, I have THE BEST recipe for you in the history of recipes. No. Joke.

I found another recipe via that lovely time-suck of a website, Pinterest, and this one will knock your socks off. Or, maybe your tastebuds. Either way, it's AMAZEBALLS!
(Unless you don't like shrimp, or guacamole, in which case, I'm not sure we can be friends anymore :)


What You Need:

-4 tortillas (do taco sized, not burrito sized like we did), we did whole wheat
-1 lb peeled, tail off deveined shrimp
-cooking spray
-2 cups cheese of your choice (I did a Mexican blend)
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-2 Tbsp chili powder
-1 Tbsp ground cumin
-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-1 tsp garlic salt
-1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
-1 lime
-package of guac (or make your own)


What You Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2. If your shrimp is frozen, thaw it (I ran mine under cold water until they were thawed).
Then mix in a small bowl the chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt. Put on top of shrimp and toss until well covered.

3. Take your tortillas and coat with cooking spray on either side (my cooking spray was butter flavored and it was awesome). Place on a baking sheet and cook on each side until crispy. I'd check it around 2 minutes on each side to make sure they don't start to burn (ask me how I know this...)
I needed two baking trays because I used burrito size tortillas. It should fit if you use taco size
4. You can turn off the oven, and turn on your broiler. Top each tortilla with cheese and place the tortillas (with cheese) under the broiler for about 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

5. Set the tortillas aside. Grab a skillet, add in the olive oil and put the heat to medium. Add in the shrimp and cook through. Place the shrimp to the side. Do not clean out the pan!

6. With the same skillet, add in the red bell pepper and cook through until soft. Try and get the shrimp seasoning remnants all over the bell peppers.

7. Build your tostadas. Add guac on top of the cheese, then add your shrimp, and top with the bell peppers. Squeeze a little bit of lime juice over each toastada...

8. Enjoy every mouth-watering bite!

I'm telling you, I would eat this shrimp in anything--the flavors are SO good. And, I'd probably eat guac on just about anything. These combined with the bell peppers and cheese. Oh my word! You are going to LOVE this dish (and it comes together really easily).


8 comments:

  1. YUM! I think I pinned something similar to this awhile ago. I'll have to make it once I have time to cook :)!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I think you might have found the most mouth-watering thing to make.. like, EVER! Haha, you cannot go wrong w/ shrimp and guac! I'm pinning this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazeballs. i need to try this STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guac? Check. Cheese? Check. Shrimp? Check. Yum. What's not to love??? Printing this now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you when you say "best recipe ever." It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! Any secrets for keeping your guacamole from turning brown? (Other than eating it all in one evening...)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!