5 on Friday

It's my first FULL week back at work (no delays or days off) and it was a busy one! I think the next few weeks will be pretty busy, too.
Let's get to some 5 on Friday....most of mine are wedding-centered this week, so I apologize in advance :)

{1}-First Bridal Shower
this is what the invite looks like
I LOVE it! (not my info)
This time I'm talking about MY bridal shower!! My soon-to-be sisters-in-law and mother-in-law are throwing me a bridal shower up in PA so that MG's family and close friends up there can attend without having to come all the way to VA for the one down here. My mom and a friend of hers are coming up for it, too, so it will be nice to have all of the female part of my family there :) I'm super excited for a shower that's for ME! I've been to others and it will be fun to be the one in the spotlight this time (not to sound conceited). I've been trying to stay away from my registry the last few days (and boy how I have become the registry stalker!), so that the gifts are a surprise. I must say, I'm proud of myself because I haven't snuck a peek in the last 4 days. 



{2}-Gifts and Response Cards
They continue to roll right in! We've received gifts already from people who can't attend my bridal shower, and they have been SO generous! MG's aunt and 3 cousins all chipped in and bought us a wine fridge, an electric wine opener and chiller, an aerator, drink coasters, a wine bottle coaster (that matches my serving tray), and a decorative wine cork holder. I may have used several of these the other night...in part because of a stressful day and in part because I couldn't wait to try them all out! :) The boxes from everything stacked higher than me in height! 
We've also received several response cards already--I love seeing the sweet notes that people write on them...little "woohoo"s, smiley faces, and messages on the back of the cards--Love that people are so excited for us :)

{3}-Kid-sized Treat
{via}
This may not be blog-worthy, but oh well. I've been enjoying kid-sized apples that come in a mesh bag from Target the past two weeks (it's like $3 for a bag of 12 or more). MG and I both take one to work with us and they're the perfect size for a mid-morning or afternoon snack, plus I'm getting some fruit in my day! I'd gotten them a few months ago at Target but then they stopped carrying them. I hope that doesn't happen again because I like my daily kid-sized apple :)

{4}-My Wedding Dress
It's IN! I got the call yesterday that my wedding dress is at the store, waiting for me! So I made my first fitting/alterations appointment for Friday of next week and I can't wait!!! I drive by the store EVERY day after work and it is going to take all the will power in the world not to stop in there and just slip it on before my appointment on Friday. But, I want my mom to be there when I do, so I'll try and refrain :) YAY! This is all reeeeeally happening!!

{5}-Cuteness
What better way to get your end of the week/weekend off to the right start than with a jumble of puppies?
{via}
If you're not smiling now, I don't know how to help you any further.

I hope your Fridays and weekends are FAB! I know I absolutely can't wait for mine! :)

12 comments:

  1. Yay for lots of wedding progress!!!! So excited for you :) Can't wait to hear about your fitting! I'm practically standing by the phone waiting for them to call me about mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wedding excitement going on! I loved coming home everyday to see if there were any response cards in the mailbox or packages on our front steps! :) Enjoy your shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much wedding fun! Coming home to presents and response cards was always so much fun! Enjoy this special time! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for wedding dress and shower gifts! And those puppies remind me of Bridesmaids where they handed out puppies at her shower. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh when I got to #3 because I'm currently eating a kid-sized apple - it's the perfect size for an afternoon snack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the wedding dress..... so exciting!!!!

    And those puppies, oh those puppies!! It makes me feel like I need 5 of them right this minute. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, looks like it's going to be a fabulous weekend! And hurray for wedding dress time :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm found your blog on the link-up today and I was excited to see you talking about wedding stuff because I'm planning my wedding too. That's AMAZING that your dress is in and you get to go try it on next Friday. You must be so pumped. I can't wait to get into mine again. It won't be ready until April though, so I still have to wait a bit. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a bridal shower! It's going to be SO fun! You have definitely participated in your share of events for others, so I am glad that it's finally your turn. Enjoy it, Jenn!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for all the cool showers and presents and the wedding stuff coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for presents!! I'm sorry that some of your fam couldn't come to the shower, but super nice of them to send you awesome gifts ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!