Book Review: Must Love Otters

Since I was on my honeymoon, I had LOTS of time spent in, what MG and I call, "travel purgatory"....and around the pool relaxing to get my read on.
I finished 2 books on the honeymoon and started a third.
{via}
This was another one of my "cheap" finds on Amazon (only $2.99 for the Kindle) and thought it sounded like a nice, easy, fluffy read, which is exactly what I needed after wedding planning and post-wedding exhaustion!

Here's the Amazon synopsis:
"Hollie Porter is the chairwoman of Generation Disillusioned: at twenty-five years old, she’s saddled with a job she hates, a boyfriend who’s all wrong for her, and a vexing inability to say no. She’s already near her breaking point, so when one caller too many kicks the bucket during Hollie’s 911 shift, she cashes in the Sweethearts’ Spa & Stay gift certificate from her dad and heads to Revelation Cove, British Columbia. One caveat: she’s going solo. Any sweethearts will have to be found on site."

I liked this book for an easy-read, although it took me a lot longer to get through it than I'd originally thought. There were some things I didn't love about the book...mainly how it started. I did NOT like how the main character was portrayed. I didn't like her or connect with her. I kind of thought she was a B.

Once it gets to the part of the book where she gets to the Spa, I liked reading the book much better (it took about 20% into the book to get there). Once I got there, I enjoyed reading it a bit more and reading how the story and different relationships unfolded.
Given, there are things that I felt were a little unrealistic, but....I was entertained enough to keep reading, and it was the mindless type of read that I needed.

I'd say this is a good pool/beach read for sure. If you're looking for something more serious/realistic, this book isn't for you.

Check back for a review of the other book I zipped through on the honeymoon, and in the meantime, check out my Book Reviews tab for other books you might be interested in!

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I'll skip this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good - the word 'otters' just makes me smile :) Would you be keen for another 'Blog every day in May'? Check out: http://www.lovehappydaily.com/2014/04/24/blog-every-day-may/
    xx
    Sunday

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!