Recipe: Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff


I'm finally getting around to posting the last recipe that I teased you with almost a month ago (oops, sorry!)
This one isn't MEGA healthy, but it's tasty and hearty, which was perfect since we've had so many cold and snowy days here in the DC area (but keeping my fingers crossed that those are behind us since we are finally in WEDDING month/week!!)
I got this recipe from MG's mom, and followed her adaptations to the original recipe.

What You Need:

-1 lb cubed stew meat
-about 6 ounces cream cheese
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1/2 onion, diced
-2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4-1/2 C water
-1/2 tsp garlic salt
-a few dashes of smoked paprika
-egg noodles (not pictured, optional)
**I would add some mushrooms (8 oz) to this, if you like them. I think they would be really good.**

What You Do:
1. Add the cream of mushroom soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and paprika to the crock pot and stir well to mix. (I used a 6 qt crock but you could easily use a 4 qt crock pot) Add the cubed beef to the mixture and turn the crock pot on LOW for 8 hours.
2. Cut up the cream cheese into cubes, and just before serving, turn the crockpot onto HIGH. Stir the cream cheese until well combined. (Could take about 10 minutes with the lid back on).

3. Serve it over egg noodles, or whatever else you think would be good and tasty with it. Egg noodles worked really well for us.
Enjoy! 
see that little poof of fluff at the bottom right corner? That's my dog, hoping and praying that some of this dropped so he could get his paws on it lol
If you want to have some extra leftovers (this made enough for about 3 servings total for us), you can double the recipe).

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I've ever had stroganoff...My family always made goulash, but it's not creamy. Definitely sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!