Thoughts on Thursday

We've got another snow day here in the DC area--it's not a lot of snow, but the timing of it all is what caused schools to close I think. What do I know? I don't have to go out in it, and that's 100% ok with me!
Anyway,
here's a random hodge-podge of thoughts this Thursday:

Thoughts for Thursday

~It kinda  totally sickens me how much money the celebs get in their swag bags from the Oscars (and other awards shows). Why are you getting swag? You're at a party that someone else is paying for, wearing expensive gowns and clothes that you don't have to pay for, attending parties for free....so I guess you need $167K worth of freebies, too?
~Why do people judge other people for what they do after they get married (or in general)? If you want to write a blog post, do it! If you want to update your status on Facebook, do it! Why is changing your name or marital status on facebook the day after your wedding a bad thing? How does that affect someone else enough to comment on? (Answer: it doesn't.) And why is it worth someone else's judgement? (Answer: it's not.)
{via}
~I wish I spoke Spanish fluently. I can speak enough to get by...kinda...but speaking fluently would totally help me out, especially at work sometimes.
~It bugs me that every boot that I try on seems to be for wide-calves. I appreciate that boot makers are making things for everyone to access, but even the "regular" sizes seem to be huge on my calves, or just leave a big gap. Skinny calf probs I guess?
{via}
~Chris Soules spent a LOT of time telling Kaitlyn about how HE was nervous and how HE was feeling when he was saying good bye to her. All while she's trying to hold it together after getting dumped. Good job on making it all about you, friend...
{via}
~Also, telling a girl you just dumped that there's "no right decision" doesn't make her feel better about things.
{via}
~My friend posted a picture on my facebook feed that was a bunch of bananas made into dolphins. I love dolphins and I despise bananas. I simultaneously loved and hated that picture. But I give it a 10 for creativity. Minus 1 for the bananas.

~Speaking of bananas, if you ever try and make me eat them, this will be my reaction:
{via}
~How awesome would it be to have this job?
{via}
I'll leave off on my random thoughts for now--maybe Ill go think up some nail polish names! Hope you enjoyed the mish-mash of "thoughts" today ;)
{via}

17 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had such an aversion to bananas...but good to know for the future when we go on vacation (yes blogger vacation will happen) and i ask if you want a banana lol!! Did you see the celebrities reaction when NPH outed how much their swag bags were worth - they were pretty embarrassed lol!! Like why do the people who can afford to go on vacation get 2 free ones?! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally annoys me how much free stuff celebs get. Especially since theyre probably some of the only people who can afford half of that stuff any way. Not to mention do they really need free vacations? I mean, come on. Id vacation in most of their homes and be happy. And Im right there with you. Love dolphins, hate bananas. Hate banana flavor. Just no.

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dream job has always been a cosmetics namer or a street namer. I wonder how one would even get that job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on the swag bags and the nail polish namer.
    Why do celebs get those awesome bags? I mean shouldn't all the money be going towards something that actually matters? Not product placement, free vacations, and stuff that they probably already have?!
    I've always wondered where O.P.I comes up with the names for their polishes. They must have a master punner working for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post has me LOLing! I love the comment about celebrities. I'll be honest, it's one reason I don't actually watch a lot of award shows. I changed my name in the airport waiting to change flights on Facebook and I changed my profile pic to one someone snapped and put on Instagram. I wasn't on social media for the week of our honeymoon, so that's why I chose to do it before hopping on the flight out of the country. Hate bananas! HATE them. And, the nail polish namer. My best quote as a teacher was telling them that was my dream job. Some of them scowled so I said, "Oh that's right, some of y'all want to be doctors and lawyers. Good for you on being creative. Oh wait? You just fit the mold. Sucks to be you." :) Love this post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i needed this today. I saw the banana dolphin thing too, but did not know you disliked them. I could eat my weight in them or any fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. were you not sooo weirded out by his reaction to becca being a virgin? at first it seemed like he wasn't happy about it. and i gotta high five kaitlyn for holding in those tears so well. i mean howwww did she do it? her makeup looked so good during the ceremony; maybe she didn't want to ruin it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The swag bags were so crazy, right?! They probably won’t even use or need half that stuff. Amen to the judging after marriage – just let people do what they want, I feel ya on this!! I can’t imagine getting dumped on the Bachelor, especially by Chris who told all of them he was “falling in love with them.” Those bananas are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am currently anti-banana, so I cannot comment on that part of your post.

    I agree about the Oscar stuff, they get so much! I got a little annoyed at Reese Witherspoon's goal to get red carpet interviews to stop asking about the dresses and ask more real questions. Why can't they ask both? If someone's getting a free dress and jewelry, the designers deserve a shoutout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lucky with all your snow days!! I have skinny calf problems too! Good thing we don't need to wear boots to often around here but having one nice pair would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious!! That dolphin/banana combo is insane. and what I wouldn't give for one of those swag-bags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah totally agree on the swag bags! When I heard how much stuff was in them I was instantly jealous.. hope your snow days end soon! I know all my Northern friends have had enough for one winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shut up!! Why am I not a celebrity?! I'm definitely in need of that swag bag crap, ha ha! But seriously, as if they aren't given enough.... UGH!
    Soak up that snow for me! I don't miss driving in it, that's for sure... but now I kinda miss it since I know we won't EVER get snow here in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris is kinda a dud. His giggle drives me crazy. Keep the snow there. We don't want anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post was exactly what I needed tonight- thank you for the great laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just laughed way too hard at the Soy Milk joke, and YES, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find boots for small calves. I ordered the smallest width from Ariat and a $250 pair of boots still won't fit my calves. (The ones I got for free, so I shouldn't complain, and yet I still am.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ummm, i totally want to be a nail polish namer. i also am rooting for kaitlyn to be the next bachelorette!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!