I promised this recipe to you guys a couple of weeks ago and then the holidays happened and I kinda forgot. But today I'm sharing this super easy and really tasty cheeseburger soup recipe that I saw on Champagne and Suitcases
What You Need:
~1.5 bags of shredded hash browns
~1 small onion, diced
~1 stalk celery, chopped
~3/4 C. shredded carrots
~1 tsp dried basil
~1 tsp dried parsley
~3 C chicken broth (I used low sodium)
~1 pound ground turkey (or beef)--you can use more if desired
~4 Tbsp butter
~1/4 C flour
~1.5 Cup half and half or heavy cream
~1 tsp salt
~1 tsp garlic powder
~1/2 tsp pepper
~1/4 C sour cream
~2 Cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What You Do:
1. In a 6 qt crock pot, add hash browns, onion, celery, carrots, basil, parsley and chicken broth. Stir and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH 3-4.
*I used a crock pot liner for this and it made clean up soooo much easier!
2. 30 minutes before serving, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain and transfer into the crock pot.
3. Using the same pan (wipe it out), add butter and stir until it melts. Add flour in and stir until it clumps up, then whisk in half and half (or heavy cream) until it thickens. Then add in salt, pepper and sour cream.
4. Add the cream mixture to the crock pot with the ground beef and then add the shredded cheese. Stir to combine and let it melt together for another 15-30 minutes.
5. Serve it up and top with any extras you'd like! I added bacon bits to mine :)
Admittedly this isn't the healthiest meal ever, but it sure is tasty and very hearty!
Perfect for those colder months...you know, if it ever actually gets colder this Winter :)