Let's Get Nakd!

Did that catch your attention???

The lovely people over at the Natural Balance Foods contacted me to review their mixed box of Nakd bars, which are healthy cereal bars.

The bars came in this cute packaging and even had a couple of other goodies with them:
There were so many different flavors to try, and luckily we got the box right before the blizzard hit, so I knew we had some snack material if we needed it!
I haven't tried all of the bars yet, but my favorite was definitely the Cocoa Crisp, and MG really liked the Ginger Bread bar, too. He even asked if he could take a few to work (I definitely let him have the banana flavored one since Jenn and bananas dont mix!) #husbandwin

They are gluten free, wheat free, and dairy free, so it's a perfect go-to for anyone with those dietary restrictions. These are NOT nut free.
I like the fact that these are all natural, made out of good stuff, and hold good values for proteins. I had one of them before I went out to shovel and had a good amount of energy to get through it, so I think the bar definitely helped give me the extra boost I needed.

Do these taste like candy bars? No. 
Do they taste bad? No. But I don't think you can go into eating them thinking they're gonna taste like a regular old chocolate bar. Because they wont. They take on more of a fruit taste, which makes sense since they're usually made with dates as part of the base.

I think they're a good snack option to have if you're looking for something that's healthy and has natural ingredients in it. I'm looking forward to finishing up my box and trying out the rest of the flavors!

*I was given a box of these bars to try for free. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own*

27 comments:

  1. Yum! A healthy snack is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds great - I need to look into things that will give me energy without eating too much for our trip lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good. I'm really into all natural energy type bars since I am always on the go and I work out a lot. I'm going to look for them this weekend when I'm at the grocery store!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you on the banana thing...yuck! But the cocoa crisp one does sound amazing! These definitely sound perfect for a before workout snack! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like bars that you can actually read the ingredients on the back like this. So many good flavor options and isn't it the best when you can pass off flavors to the husband? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love a good healthier snack option! love minimal ingredients too. awesome selection of flavors!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I might have to try these! I'm always looking for options like this for a mid-morning snack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bananas.... These look good and I'll take anything that keeps me full and is easy to pack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!!! I always need good snack ideas. I swear that's where I gain all my weight lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound great! I love Luna and kind bars so I'll have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look delicious and it's pretty awesome that they're gluten free! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm all about natural products, and these look great. Healthy snacks with ingredients you can read are the way to go <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA! I would definitely give the banana flavored one to my husband too. I definitely want to try these for a healthy snack option at work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love trying new protein and snack bars. I'll have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm on a major healthy eating kick right now so these will definitely be going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I may have to check these out for a pre workout snack.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll have to try these! I try and be dairy free because dairy does not like me... as much as I LOVE dairy, and try really hard to make it like me.. it's just not happening. :-) and I'm with you on bananas- no thank you, gross.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked them. They travel well, I took a few to Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like that there are so many different flavors (you can never have too many snack options) - the Cocoa Mint sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That did catch my attention! Salted Caramel Fruit and Nut Nibbles? That sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. those packages are so cute! i'm really not a snack bar person but i love that they are all natural.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I definitely want to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always want to like products like this and the ginger bread and cocoa crisp sounds so good, but I really don't care for dates, so I never end up liking them :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally caught my attention, I read the title twice LOL! These sound delicious and I love that they're so healthy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!