{Recipe Files}: Baked Queso Tacos

As promised, I have the super tasty, mega easy Baked Queso Taco recipe for you guys.
I'm actually salivating remembering how delicious these guys were. Definitely need to add them to our menu next week!
My good bud Brittany let me know about these amazing tacos, courtesy of Mix and Match Mama (who I'm also a huge fan of). Boy am I glad that she did! These come together so quickly and taste like a super yummy, skillet queso dip, but in taco shells.

What You Need:
~8 taco shells (I did the kind that stand up)
~between 1-1.5 pounds ground beef or turkey
~8 oz Velveeta cheese
~1 10oz can Rotel
~1.5 Tbsp chili powder
~EVOO
~salt/pepper to taste

What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is heating up, brown the ground beef in a medium skillet with the EVOO. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Drain excess fat.

2. Add in the Velveeta cheese, Rotel and chili powder. Stir until the cheese is nice and melty.
3. Grease up a baking dish (I used 8x8 pan) and then stuff each taco shell with the meat mixture, and add to the baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes.
We topped ours with lettuce and sour cream. You can add whatever toppings you want!
And that's it--seriously it's THAT easy. And oh my word, get ready for the taste explosion that's about to happen!

You could also make this as an appetizer and just use the Velveeta mix, and have chips to dip into it. 

38 comments:

  1. I love Shay's blog! So glad the tacos turned out good for you!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should try these now! I love mix and match mama's blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I'm drooling!! These sound so good. I think I might go grab some velveeta and try them tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesss I've been waiting for these! I can't wait to try!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tacos and yours look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look awesome! would have been perfect for national margarita day yesterday :) and well taco tuesday. or any day that ends in 'y' - hehe.

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I just put this on our menu for this week. I bet it would be good with turkey since the velveeta would help to keep the turkey from drying out. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my YUM!! My mouth is salivating over these pictures! Definitely a family Pleaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the shoutout, girl! I'm so glad y'all loved these tacos! We did, too, and I swear they're on a weekly rotation around here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM, the idea of just using it as dip sounds amazing and super easy, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, these look so good! Taco night is my favorite and anything with queso = I'm sold :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG you have no idea how excited I am you finally posted this! I've been wanting to make these since I saw you snap them... yum! And I love how easy they are too! Definitely making these this week! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look soooo good!! I'm a fan of tacos always, so I'll have to try out this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummmm! These look delish! Adding to rotation for dinner soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YESSS this sounds so good - melted cheese is always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those tacos look ridiculously good.. thanks for sharing, I'll be trying those out soon!!

    theritzyglitzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum!!!! this looks so good! We have tacos a lot because they are easy and my kids will eat them.. this is an awesome switch up to the plain ol' taco!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy crap that looks so good. I just sent the recipe to Mark actually. I would love those for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want tacos for dinner tonight now-- these look sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh! Stop it! This looks delicious! I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh this looks amazing.. I like to add some guacamole to mine. Kids favorite meal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ommmmmg mouth watering!!! Not healthy but who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Taco night is my favorite night of the week. Thanks for sharing - they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet jesus I want to make these. I think I have everything but the taco shells. Next week perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have to try her baked spinach pesto tacos...they are such a favorite even with my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is taco Tuesday done right! If I hadn't already started my salsa chicken in the crockpot, these would be going DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds delish! Will have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  28. well i think i know what i am having for dinner tonight. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Velveeta is that secret ingredient! These look amazing! I'm going to have to try it but with ground turkey or chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I cant believe how good those look. Anything with cheese makes my tummy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Seriously I am making these this week!! It sounds delicious! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  32. These look delicious and I would definitely prefer these over Taco Bell any day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those look delicious. My husband is a huge fan of Tacos. I may have to try this recipe, to give some variance from the tacos I normally make.

    ReplyDelete
  34. omg yummmm!! i havnt made tacos in years! this post definitely makes me want to make them asap!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!