Friday Happies

Happy Friday, friends! I'm thankful for a day off of work today as all of the roads around and into the city are either blocked off or clogged up with traffic. I'll happily enjoy this day from the comfort of my home.

Since it's Friday, and that in and of itself brings with it undue amounts of happiness, I thought I'd share some of my happies from the week!

~While at Target I discovered they sell kid size Honeycrisp apples, and for $6 I got 10 perfectly snack sized and delicious apples to eat my way through this week and into next. Plus, they're way sweeter than the ones at the grocery store are now. It's the little things, people!

~Saturday MG and I are touring the hospital that I'll be delivering our baby at. It's crazy that we're already planning for this--and I hope the whole thing makes me feel more prepared as opposed to totally overwhelmed haha

~I think we are going to try and see our friends' new rescue pup on Saturday after the hospital. The pics have been super cute, and watching them both swoon when they talk about her this week has been really cute to see. Can't wait to meet the new fluffy love of their lives!
~MG was away for a work training this week and since it's hard to cook for just one person (without getting bored of the same leftovers for days on end), I enjoyed Chipotle and Thai food this week for dinners. No shame.
{via}
~Speaking of MG being away...several times that Cooper would hear a car door shut at night, he'd rush over to the ottoman and stare at the front door. Much to his dismay, MG never walked through, so I can imagine his excitement and tail wiggles when he comes home this afternoon. #wigglesfordays
~I've been sleeping like a bear this week. Sometimes I wake up 20 minutes before my alarm, and I'm able to fall back asleep enough to have a dream which I'm usually NEVER able to do. Apparently my body is storing up the sleep for baby's arrival because I've never slept so hard in my life...minus first trimester where I slept like 20 hours a day lol
~I'm so proud of all of the women I know who are going to be marching in the Women's March on Saturday. I can't be a part of it due to our hospital tour, plus large crowds+being pregnant doesn't mix very well (especially with the amount of times I pee a day lol), but I'm there in spirit and cheering for all of the things that you are marching for. If you need a list, visit Stephanie's post from yesterday and read number 1.

~During one of the meals that I cooked at home this week, I tried out chickpea pasta which is apparently loaded with protein and fiber, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I will say, it wasn't bad. I'd probably try it again in the future, especially in a dish that wouldn't have protein in it otherwise. (Found this brand at Target)
~I had a parent at work who I don't know randomly stop and tell me yesterday that I look "so cute" and pointed to my bump. So that definitely made me feel good :)

What are some of your happies from the week?

20 comments:

  1. I love honey crisp apples and would love a kids' sized one!!! I will have to see if my local Target sells them! Enjoy your day off!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickpea pasta sounds really interesting! Happy to hear MG is back today and I hope the tour goes great!! Enjoy your extra long weekend again!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was definitely curious about that chickpea pasta. I hate when pasta gets too mushy so I was a bit worried about that. And yay for your friend's new rescue pup, how adorable! Have a wonderful weekend friend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on kid sized honeycrisps! Have fun on your hospital tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy that hospital tour! If it's the one I'm thinking of, I used to work there(in the nicu), and have many friends in L and D and mother-baby; you will be in great hands!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a Friday at home! I'm so excited for you that your hospital tour is coming up! What an exciting time! Enjoy every bit of it, friend! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that "pasta" looks interesting - def will try! and seriously those apples - the little things is right! i really try to take those little moments and go "wow this is awesome!" even if it's small :) including that compliment you got! i believe it bc well, you are stinking cute!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your day off!! I'm sure it will be a great weekend with MG home! The hospital tour sounds exciting. I'm sure it will calm your fears some seeing everything ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hospital tour was the thing that finally made it real for me! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your day off today & have fun at your hospital tour tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your day off! Chickpea pasta sounds really interesting. I remember having the weirdest dreams when I was pregnant, and I never really remember my dreams or think I have them. Enjoy the hospital tour and seeing your friends new pup. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. These apples sound amazing, I will have to look for them! Enjoy your day off and thanks for the like to Stephanie, great read! Hope the hospital tour and your weekend are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emma does the same thing when she waits for kyle to get home, it's so sweet to see her little tail wagging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear how the hospital tour goes!! Very exciting step!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck tomorrow! I know you guys are so excited! Enjoy your day off today, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Honeycrisp and I'm heading to Target Sunday so I hope that mine has that.

    Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all these happy things! I can really use some cheer today. I definitely commend all the men and women marching tomorrow, and I hope it's a safe, good march. :) I could use more food with protein, so thanks for sharing!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to find those honey crisp apples! Enjoy your long weekend! My husband was gone most of this week too for a conference so I had Thai one night (delish) and then Stacy's multigrain chips another night because too lazy to cook a meal for one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the sleep. I miss prig sleep, when it was hard and good and I didn;t pee all the time. Yay for hospital visit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmmm I love eating out when the hubs is gone. Scout is the same as Cooper when Nick goes away. Sadly, every time I have to say 'he's not coming home tonight, buddy.' Hope you had an awesome weekend and your hospital tour went well!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!