{WHW}: Thanks-giving it up!

Hey friends, sorry I was MIA at the start of the week--we were coming off of a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend, and also battling a stomach bug with our little Ella on Monday so it was just kind of a rough start to the week! But I'm back with a recap of our Thanksgiving--Ella's first!
~Wednesday late afternoon, MG's parents got into town and we headed out to eat for the most tasty dinner! Ella enjoyed eating pieces of bread and mashed potatoes, and sucking on our water glasses on the outside (super funny video of that which I can't seem to get to upload)
~Woke up Thursday morning to the cutest Turkey on the block! I could have eaten her up, she was so adorable!!
~We decided to slow cook our turkey this year so MG got to prepping that while we watched the Macy's Day parade and had some play time in the morning before little miss went down for her nap.

~She got dressed in her Thanksgiving outfit and was the model for my FIL's iphone photos

I smell a Christmas card photo!!! lol
~My mom came over early afternoon and we ended up sitting down to dinner around 4:30. Ella even got a seat at the table and enjoyed trying out some pieces of turkey and sweet potato from my plate (everything always tastes better off of someone else's plate, doesn't it?).
P.S. slow cooked turkey is freaking delicious!
(thanks to my pal Lynn for the adorable Thanksgiving/turkey bib!)
~We ate so much good food, and spent some time just hanging out after eating. Then we engaged in some apple pie (we aren't huge pumpkin pie fans at our house)

~The next morning my FIL went to Costco in order to see if we could get me the iPhone8 Plus. We'd tried Target the day before but they didn't have the 64 gig that I wanted and Costco had a much better deal. Well, surprise surprise, my FIL got one (they didn't have the color I wanted, but oh well)...as in, he got it FOR me for Christmas! Such a super sweet and totally unexpected surprise!!
 I, of course, took full advantage of the Portrait mode immediately (90% of the reason I wanted the phone)
~My in-laws headed back up to PA in the early afternoon which we were bummed about, but were so glad to get to see them and spend time together.

~That night for dinner, MG and I decided to FINALLY get my sushi fix and went to one of our new favorite places and ordered away! It was everything I'd been missing over the last year.
~Saturday morning we set out to put up our Christmas decorations. MG worked on the lights outside while I put up our little tree on the inside. This is likely the last year that we'll be doing this tiny guy as our main tree, but it was fun looking through all of our ornaments that we've collected over the years, especially the ones we got for little miss last year
~We met up with some friends and their son for lunch Saturday afternoon and Ella got herself cute for her lunch date haha
Well this outfit got ruined towards the end of lunch when someone got a mad case of diarrhea...all over mommy's legs (and then my shirt...and sleeves...). The stomach bug had gone through two other kids at daycare and Ella had stayed home from daycare during the week, but apparently it caught up with her. She seemed fine otherwise, but we headed home since one of us (me) didn't have a change of clothes in the diaper bag. Luckily we were done with lunch and with friends who totally understood.

~We had a low key afternoon at home, took Ella for a walk since it was nice-ish weather out and just enjoyed the day/evening....and Christmas lights!
~Sunday we ran errands and had another low key day together, watching football, and spending time with our girl (who was still battling the 'rrhea....)

~We busted out Ella's high chair to try and start doing some more solids with her. I think we're leaning towards doing Baby Led Weaning since she is NOT a fan of purees it seems. We stuck to teething crackers Sunday night which she enjoyed, despite gagging throughout (and giving me a heart attack)
So that was our weekend in a nutshell. Family, food, and fun--just what we'd want out of a weekend (minus the poop hahaha)! Hoping your Thanksgiving was perfect and poo-free! haha

Link up with Jessi and I to share what's hap-"pinning" with you!



14 comments:

  1. Looking at past ornaments is always so much fun and talking about the memories behind them! So happy that little miss Ella had a wonderful first Thanksgiving! Glad to hear she's feeling better. xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving! That high chair is AMAZING, isn't it?! I'm so mad I didn't have it with Walker. And that sushi looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Ella sitting at the dinner table is just the cutest thing!! And I had no idea you could slow cook a turkey!?!!? I'm so going to have to try that!! Glad it was a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so darn cute! text me the video of her at dinner and the glass. And yay for the new iphone. I am getting a new one and need to decide between the 8, 8+ and X, so what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh- so sorry about the stomach bug. That sounds MISERABLE. hopefully you don't get it!! My goal is to do BLW but I want to do purees until they get over the tongue thrust reflex (Shelby still has it). Sigh... maybe she'll be on the bottle until she graduates from high school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noooo - stomach bug? Bless y'all! LOVE the pics from the new phone and glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, isn't the iPhone 8 Plus TOTALLY worth the camera? I shoot almost all of my blog pictures on it now and it's amazing. And so sweet of your FIL to get it for you! Ella in her turkey hat is so adorable! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw well what a lovely weekend minus that bout of ickiness! and seriously that camera on that phone is making me really wish i had one! trying to resist. what a sweet gift though. and cant handle ella in that holiday gear. cant wait for all the christmas outfits that i'm sure will be coming soon!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love going through all the ornaments each year when we break out the decor! But poor Ella! Those stomach bugs are the absolute worst, and since daycare is a necessary evil right now they unfortunately come with the territory. I'm waiting on pins and needles for the norovirus vaccine to come out, they have a rotavirus one now they just need to hurry up with the other one so we don't have to worry about it anymore :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great weekend! I am a new iPhone 8+ owner also.

    Love her cute ladybug outfit, too bad about the poopacalypse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about the stomach bug. That is no fun. However, it looks like it was a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend despite the bug. Congrats on the new phone, that was so sweet of your FIL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ella looked soooo adorable in her Thanksgiving outfits. Yes food is always better off someone else's plate. My girls always do that with us. Soooo sweet of your FIL to get you the new iphone 8 Plus for Christmas. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful thanksgiving but bummer about the stomach bug. She certainly is an adorable little turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving despite the stomach virus! And yes, I agree that the family photo is Christmas card-worthy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!