{WHW}: Lately

Happy middle of the week, friends!
We're back with another WHW so I can get all caught up on what's been hap-"pinning" around these parts!
~A local produce/flower/plant place had their ice cream social event on Saturday so MG and I went in the afternoon with Ella and ran into our friends there. The ice cream was yummy and the company was sweet!
~Since this weekend, Ella has had a case of the whines. I'm pretty sure it's because she's at the age where she can't express herself yet, but wants and NEEEEEEEDS everything. And she doesn't understand "no" other than it's not getting her what she wants. It's frustrating for all of us, but I know this too shall pass. In the meantime, wine.
~Soft play rooms are amazing, especially on insanely hot days 
~We are gearing up to leave for the beach this weekend and the amount of things we are bringing with us feels slightly insane and overwhelming. 
One thing that's super cute includes babe in a beach/camp chair:
~Looking forward to another beach blogger-date (blate)!

~Cooper got the royal treatment this weekend with a nice grooming sesh, complete with a bow tie! Handsome guy :)
~We have a climber. And a get-into-everything-er.
~I actually read and finished a book in less than a month! Nap time reading is my jam!! Feeling like I may actually be able to pull together a post for Show Us Your Books next round!

~A wonderful reminder that I saw from Shauna Niequist #inspiration

Now it's your turn to link up with Jessi and I and share what's hap-"pinning" with you! I promise that even if I'm not commenting, I'm reading your posts in my free time (aka nap times!)



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

18 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine how much you have to pack for a beach trip with a baby!! It'll be so worth it though!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the beach trip packing- you are not alone! Traveling with a toddler is not for the faint of heart!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for your trip, but man yes all the things to pack. The whines only get worse when they can talk, but at least they can tell you what they think they need. Wahoo for finishing a book in less than month! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha the packing comment is so us too! We leave on the 28th and I'm dreading loading down the car! "in the meantime, wine" <--- yes! Great motto! She looks so presh in that little chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. The beach with a baby is no joke! I swear I don't even know how we fit everything in the car on our first trip with Jacob. We were prepared for anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love any company that has an ice cream social!! Enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to the beach with kids feels like packing for a 3 week vacation. We had five kiddos on your trip in our condo and we needed a wagon! That is well deserved wine for the whine. Have so much fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ella in her beach chair is too much!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe the whining phase. I hate that phase, but you are right, it will pass. Ella looks sooo adorable in her beach chair. You are going to have the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine how much you need to pack taking a young baby to the beach - best of luck! Cooper looks great after his groom - you do well to keep him so white! Most people I know with white dogs end up with them a funny shade of yellow. Cute pink rompers for Ella and your ice-cream day out pic is so cute! Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have an amazing trip to the beach! It's crazy how much stuff you'll need for lil' miss. I still can't believe how much stuff we packed for a long weekend in Siesta Key. The pack n' play, portable highchair, stroller, regular diapers, swim diapers, overnight diapers, ahhhh! You guys will have so much fun even though the car will be packed to the brim - ha!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a beach trip! There is something so cute about a kid in a camping chair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ella in that beach chair is just too cute! Hope you have a great time on vacation!

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my, gosh! Cooper! I feel like I haven't seen him in so long! He looks so cute! That's a really great and insightful Instagram post. Love. That soft play land seems so cute! I didn't know there were such things. Ella looks like she is having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay a date!

    I just finished my rainy day guide for renters, I should send you a copy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, lots and lots of wine is needed in parenthood haha! Little Ella is so adorable though!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!