TGIF

WHEW! This may have been the longest week I've ever had in a LOOOOOOONG time.
Every day this week has felt like a week in and of itself, so in my head, I've been at it this week for about a month...needless to say I'm ready for the weekend, desperately.

Unfortunately things did not go well with my admin and they are in the process of trying to make my work life uncomfortable because I stood up for myself and requested not to have a morning and afternoon duty because I'm split between schools, and have a lot of other program specific things that I need to take care of during the school day. Not to mention that the duty lasts after contract hours every day.
So, that hasn't been the best start to my year, and basically I've now learned that I should just shut up any time I have a concern about something instead of standing up for what I need because now they are just making life here worse for me, and I still have to do the duty they assigned anyway.

I come home from days and weeks like this and collapse. And then I wake up at 4 something in the morning because I can't shut my brain off. 
I'm tired.

I'm SO thankful for the long weekend this weekend, and a highlight tonight with Hamilton! I've been playing the sound track on my commute to and from work which puts me in such a good mood. I'll tell you all about it next week!!

We're planning to head up to Philly this weekend to see my in-laws since it's been a while. As much as I'm not looking forward to the drive or possible traffic, it'll be nice to put some distance between myself and Virginia after this week.

Today also marks the last day that Ella will be in daycare at the place she's been at the last two weeks. It's been fine for the short term fix that we needed, but I wouldn't select this place as a long term options. For one, it's super expensive ($400/wk) which includes "healthy" meals, but a lot of what I've seen them write on Ella's sheet is very very carb-heavy with not a lot of protein things. And every time I drop her off or pick her up, 90% of the time the little kids are sitting around a table eating saltine or oyster crackers instead of playing. 
I had Ella's back to school night at her preschool last night and I'm hopeful that her experience there will be a lot better, and more personal. It's really hard trusting others to care for your kid, and no one will do it as well as you would, but it's nice when you find something that's pretty close to it. So, we'll see how next week shakes out, but I'll say I'm not sad to be saying good bye to the daycare center.

At the end of the day, the most important things are your family, friends and a place to lay your head. I saw this on Lynn's instagram the other night at a time I probably needed to see it the most. I just wish everyone was able to look at life and jobs with this ideal in mind
I live for this girl:

Anyway, sorry for the heavy-ness of this post. Just the space I'm in right now and working on moving towards happier, more carefree, roll-off-my-back kinda times.

Hoping your week didn't feel like a month, and that you get to enjoy the long weekend ahead!

10 comments:

  1. I hate that your admin is doing that to you. We have a few teachers at my school split between us and another school and when it comes to morning or afternoon duty, they had issues at first with the principals not communicating. But now they just do one at each school while the rest of us does two at our school. And $400 a week!!! OMG...is that the norm where you live? Hope you have a great day!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry the school year has been off to a rough start. I will pray it gets smoother and easier for you. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and I'm so glad Ella is starting her new school that you are excited about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a rough week! Praying you have a great long weekend and are able to enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh-- work sounds terrible. There are protections against retaliation at work though; so I'd look into that. If they are violating your contract, are you part of a union? Enjoy Hamilton and forget about all the crap! Hope yesterday's appointment went well (as good as it can I suppose!). XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you to the moon and back. I hate you are going through this at school. but know that you are right for speaking up for what is best for you. Never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh your school situation, that just stinks! I am so sorry! I hope that gets better! Hamilton will at least cure some of that! Hope the traffic is alright on the way to Philly. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about the school situation. You stood up for yourself and now are being even more punished. That sucks and makes home life harder too. I am so glad Ella starts her new school. I hope you and her love it more. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear your school year is off to a rough start :( Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend and are able to take your mind off things at work!! Long weekends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh, i am sorry the admin people are doing that to you. is there anyone higher you can talk to? that is seriously unfair. what a week :( i hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry things are sucky at work right now, I hope things get better. I have majorly slacked in blogging over the summer, wasn't your friend watching Ella?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!