{WHW}: Infections and Aggression

Quite the title, eh? That's what's hap-"pinning" this Wednesday in my area...
Ella's preschool called me yesterday in the late afternoon saying she'd been fussy and upset off and on during the day and woke up crying and grabbing her ears. A telltale sign of an ear infection. So I picked her up and whisked her off to the doctor to discover that, indeed, double ear infection. We're lucky that this is only her second ear infection in her life, and hopefully the next one is way far off. Just glad to get some antibiotics and have those start to help ease the pain in her poor little ears.

In addition to that, I'm still dealing with an aggressive administratior, for no reason other than to assert power over me. I won't pretend to understand WHY this is a necessity for this person, but I'm making sure to keep records of everything in case I need to go to HR about it.  It's not in my personality to make waves, but I'm not going to sit back and be treated unfairly for no reason.

At the end of the day, this little girl makes each day brighter, despite all of the BS that unhappy people try and put on others. I'll happily show my daughter what it means to stand up for herself and for fairness.
In the meantime, snuggles make even the crummiest of days that much better.
Hoping your week is better than Ella's and mine have started. And for all of my friends in the South, please stay safe with this storm!!





13 comments:

  1. Ugh -- sorry to read about both!! I know one will be cured by antibiotics... the other needs a dose of a different kind of medicine ;) XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Ella! I hope she gets to feeling better soon. So thankful for diagnoses that involve medicine to fix it. Nothing is worse than, "Oh, it's a virus that has to run its course." Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she starts feeling better super fast and you guys have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sweet friend! ear infection and horrid administrator equals a pain in the ass day. I am sorry. I hope the rest of the week gets better. and poor babygirl feels better soon!
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your daughter feels better. Hope things get better at work also

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your sweet girl feels better soon. Ear infections are awful. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope things start getting better for both you and Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh - no bueno to ANY of this. I'm sorry you both (Miss E included) are having to deal with this! Fingers crossed for a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor thing!!! E has yet to experience an ear infection and I'm not looking forward to it happening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww poor Ella! And so sorry you're dealing with unnecessary drama, sending lots of hugs your way <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope Ella get well soon! I don't understand some people... they are just OFF. LIke, there is just no reason for certain behaviors. Sounds like your administrator is one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alice JUST finished her antibiotics for her ear infection--those poor little things! Give Ella lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!