{WHW}: Labor Day'ing

Happy WHW! Thankfully with Monday off, this week is actually going by pretty quickly, unlike last week.
Despite the frustrations around work last week, this one is off to a good start and I'll take it. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we had a great weekend away with MG's family, and Ella's started at her new school which I already love a million times more than the daycare center she was at the previous two weeks!
The end of my crap week came with the highlight of getting to finally see Hamilton at the Kennedy Center with MG and my mom, and let me tell you, it was IN-CRED-I-BLE!!!
The Room Where It Happened!!
Unfortunately our drive home we hit some MAJOR torrential rain which actually made it super scary to get home. By the time we made it from the car to the house, we were all soaked.

~We went to bed and got up early in the morning and packed up to head to PA. Ella took a little snooze on the drive up and we got there by noon without hitting any traffic. Praise!

~After a little kerfuffle with plans, we met up with my SILs, and nieces at a shopping center and went to Old Navy. Ella decided to explore the store, and become one of their window models.
~We ended up running into more extended family in the shopping center, and then made plans to meet up at my SIL's house for dinner, pool time, etc. It was really nice because we rarely get a chance to see this part of the family, so the chance meeting and later meet up was a lot of fun.
Ella enjoyed making my SIL's dog her living pillow :)

~After pushing Ella two hours past her bedtime, we made our way home and the next morning dropped Ella off with my SIL's and nieces so that we could go to the outlets and they could get some time with her. More adorable pics were sent:
~After buying quite the haul of clothes (and getting ridiculous deals), we made our way back, had lunch and let Ella nap and then headed out to look at some houses in the area.
Later, we went with our family to see this new place they'd been raving about (an outdoor garden thingy) before going to an early dinner
Dinner was a slight debacle in that we obviously got an inexperienced waiter, who spilled beer all over my MIL (she was drenched) at the start of the meal, and then it took over an hour for us to get our food despite being the second people in the restaurant for dinner. Nevertheless, the food was really good and they comped us some of the meal.

That night we stayed in with my in-laws and watched a movie, and the next morning we hit the road right after breakfast. 
Weekends like this make it super hard to leave, and definitely make us want to move even more. Just having the extra support for running errands was awesome, not to mention all of the extra impromptu family get togethers that we miss out on.

Hoping your LDW was a great one as well!
Link up with Jessi and I to share what's hap-"pinning" with you!


11 comments:

  1. What a fun LDW (minus the rain)! I want to see “Hamilton” so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy y'all loved Hamilton - I am dying to see that! Glad you like her new school too - that is such a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Labor Day weekend! Having family nearby is the best... I can see how it would want to make you guys move to be closer to them! Ella in the window! She's adorable! The perfect Old Navy model :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay so glad you love Ella's new school! are you all considering moving to be closer to family? sorry about the sucky waiter, glad they comped some of your meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the show was as good as you hoped!! I can't wait to see it when it comes here! And how adorable is Ella in the Old Navy window?! SO perfect! XO, R

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that little mannequin in the window! Love that you got to see Hamilton, and yay for an amazing new daycare <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you had no traffic! I predicted it! Glad Hamilton and the weekend and daycare are a success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so jealous that you got to see Hamilton! It's definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear Hamilton is amazing! I need to see it! So awesome for all the family time you guys got in! How did house hunting go? When are you guys looking to move?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your stories with Ella in old navy - was cracking up. and Hamilton - UGH need to go.
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!