{WHW}: Currently in November

Happy WHW, friends! Sorry for being MIA--last week MG had to have surgery on his face to have a melanoma removed (super scary) so I was occupied with that and taking care of him afterwards.
But I'm back and catching up on what's been happening!

Reading: Still reading Beneath a Scarlet Sky. I had my Show Us Your Books post all written and didn't hit publish for yesterday, so maybe I'll get it together for December's! Sorry, Stephanie!
{via}
Watching: Married at First Sight Happily Ever After?, my typical Bravo line up (because duh), and MG and I are still watching Suits--up to season 5!

Eating: All the cold weather foods! My crock pot is getting used twice this week to make Crockpot Salsa Chicken, and Meatballs, and we made meatloaf on Monday. Potato Soup coming up tomorrow in the Instant Pot because #ssssouuuuupppp
{via}
Drinking: Anything to stay warm. The temps took a nose dive into the 40s and I'm not a fan. Oh, and still trying to be good about my water intake.

Bummed: that our plans to have my mom and my in-laws down for Thanksgiving isn't working out. My MIL is having some complications with a procedure she had done on her leg making traveling painful and not so ideal, so they aren't coming any longer. Instead, we're going to have Thanksgiving at our house with my mom, and then head up to PA to see the fam up there the next morning since it's been a while. 
I'm also bummed about the time change. I HATE getting home and having it basically be dark. No more time to play at the playground after dinner. And Ella WAS waking up at 730 prior to the change and now we are lucky if she makes it to 7. Ugh. Whoever came up with this time change, I'd love to kick them in the nuts.

Loving: hearing stories about Ella at school. When I dropped her off the other morning she saw Miss Sue (who helps her with breakfast) and went running down the hallway to see her. The next morning I walked Ella into the cafeteria and the one teacher said "I'm pretty sure if the teachers weren't here for a day, Ella would be able to run everything" haha. Apparently I've got a little leader on my hands :) Wish I could be a fly on the wall for one day!
Here's a shot from little miss trouble maker this weekend :)
Enjoying: that I already have MG's birthday gift picked out, ordered and delivered (yesterday), and his Christmas gifts picked out, and sitting in an online cart! I'm ahead of the game this year and I love it! Now if only I knew what I wanted, so I could give MG some ideas (because I really have almost no ideas).

Spending: too much money on clothes for Ella. Why can't I resist it??? (Also, she keeps growing!)

What have you been up to? Link up with Jessi and I below and share!  Also, I'm gonna be back tomorrow with a pretty serious post, so stay tuned and come back to read, please!




7 comments:

  1. Ugh-- sorry MG and your MIL have had some health issues. Hope they both have a COMPLETE and SPEEDY recovery!!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your MIL is having health issues and right at the holiday time. Hope MG and your MIL get better soon. You are way ahead on Christmas this year. I so want an apple watch this!! I think it would be fun to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad your original plans didn't work out but hosting at home can be pretty great too! I just want ALL the food, I'm ready! The time change hit me harder this year too - its like, do we just block it out bc I can not remember walking to my work parking lot for an entire season when its dark but we obviously did...last year! haha Hope all is ok (referencing tomorrow's post)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your MIL gets to feeling better I knwo how much you looked forward to hosting them all. But glad you will still get to see them. You are so on top of your game. And yes, kids eat money on clothes. I can pack up some 2T stuff for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you already have MG's gifts picked out! I have to find something for B for our anniversary on 12/1 AND Christmas and he's pretty much impossible to buy for. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the Thanksgiving plans falling through, but hey, it is still thanksgiving! I hate the time change and this weather too, I live in the south, it is not supposed to be in the 40's yet! Good for you on being ahead on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently started watching Suits and I actually really like it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!