Weekly Wins

Happy Friday! It's been a quick week here with a long weekend and some snow day/delays--but there's still been some wins and it's been a bit since I counted up the wins.

~a 2 1/2 day work week, which included a family snow day at home since the govt was closed in DC as well. Family snow days are the best!

~took advantage of the snow day at home to organize Ella's room, pack away old clothes, put stuff away in the attic, and get another donation pile ready! (And have a quick trip to ChikFilA because YUM!)

~feeling like parenting hasn't been very hard this week. I'll probably bite my tongue real soon on that, but Ella's been so fun and happy go lucky recently, which is a nice change from some of the toddler mood swings that were happening frequently in the past weeks
~making an investment in health this week, buying our new exercise bike, which comes today. Looking to get a ride or two in this weekend to get back on the horse--or bike :)

~my FIL booked a cabin in the Poconos for the family next month for a long weekend as a surprise for everyone. Looks like I'll be trying skiing for the first time and lots of time with the fam :)
~getting to see my mom on Monday, and watching Ella get SO excited when she heard that "grandma was coming"...and then the next two days hearing her say "gamma!" and look for her around the house
~finishing one book and starting another one that a friend lent me a while back. Sneaking in reading whenever I can get the chance!

~MG found a new recipe this week and cooked! And it was deeeeelicious (and super simple!) Will be sharing soon
Chicken and Broccoli (instead of Beef and Broc)

~good news on some test results

~a double date night on Saturday with a couple friend of ours--babysitter coming, and we're going out for some adult time! In addition to a meet up with some other friends of ours Saturday during the day--lots of fun stuff this weekend! :)

Hoping your week was full of wins, too!

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great week. The cabin looks incredible! Hope you have a nice weekend! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh life is so much easier when the babies are being pleasant lol! And I'm so happy that you got some good test results back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that chicken with broccoli recipe!!!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching Ella on Instagram. She's just so cute. That chicken and broccoli looks so good. Enjoy the Poconos! My parents grew up there and that's where my grandparents lived! I have the best memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a week! less work, better moods and a trip planned. Not to mention the good test results! Enjoy date night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope those test results had to do with you!!! That is exciting. I sooo want that recipe! Sounds amazing. LOVE that cabin. I can't wait for Summer and vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for time with your mom - seeing her and ella together is the cutest. and snow days! as much as i hate snow, you cant beat time at home with fam :)
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have lots of fun plans coming up and love seeing Ella with gamma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with a 2 1/2 day work week! That is a huge win in my book.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!