Random People

As I was on facebook in the morning a month or so ago before work, this guy I went to HS with messages me.

Keep in mind, I haven't talked to this kid SINCE high school (which is more years in my past than I want to admit). I think he's commented on a picture or two of mine since then, that's it.

He writes, out of nowhere, on chat: "I typed in the name Jennifer in my search bar, and the next name after yours was Lopez"

So I responded (stupidly): "Wow, that's cool. Glad to know I rank up there with her. Wish I had her salary, too!"

He responds: "It's all fake money anyway Jennifer. Richness is a relative term"

*thinking this is way too philosophical and random for 8am* I say: "haha I know, I was joking :)"

He responds: "Don't worry. I say the same thing to the cashier I like at Giant."
and then...."If that doesn't make sense to you. That's ok. Because it's not supposed to"

And then I signed off.

Fast forward to the other night, when the lighting of the tree in Rockefeller Center is on tv. Cee Lo Green is performing with the muppets wearing a furry red jacket and shirt.
Who needs Elmo when you have Cee-lo?
I update my status on facebook with the following:
"It all makes sense now... Cee Lo Green is actually a muppet"

People then comment about how he blends in so well, they like it, say that's really funny, etc.

And then that same kid comments on my status with this:
"How is God going to save your soul now, Jenn?"

Um, excuse me, what? I have no idea what one thing has to do with the other, or why it was necessary to post something like that.

Needless to say, the comment was deleted and that individual was defriended since I don't need random comments like that being posted for no reason.

I don't understand why some people are SO random....

6 comments:

  1. Oh random people, why are you so weird?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this guy sounds more strange, weird and possibly crazy than random. Honestly, his comments are a little creepy - so glad you defriended him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is hilarious. he sounds like the people i work with. they are the most random bunch EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to read your fridays letters, but this post caught my eye instead. I absolutely HATE when random people (especially odd guys) from high school chat me up out of the blue. It's so awkward. And I'm glad you defriended him because he sounds strange. But maybe I just watch too many scary shows.. ha

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!