Mexico Recap: Days 1 and 2

It's been a bit, but I finally got all of the pictures from our Mexico trip, which means I'm ready to recap!
Are you ready to re-live the fun and sun with me? Grab your sunscreen and pull up a beach chair!

Thursday MG and I took an early flight and arrived in Mexico and at our hotel (Aventura Spa Palace) at about 3pm to overcast skies. We knew MG's middle sister and her husband (the birthday boy) had gotten there before us but we didn't know where they were. But, when we got to the lobby, they walked right up to us!
We all got our rooms, grabbed a fruity drink and got settled in.
And took advantage of the jacuzzi....in our room!

We all met up for dinner at the Asian restaurant that night which had really yummy sushi and pad thai.
(Can you tell that none of us got sun that day??? :)

After dinner, we went to that night's show which was a breakdancing show on the other side of the resort. And let me tell you, those guys were incredible!
After the show, they opened up the floor to everyone else, so the 4 of us got our groove thangs on.
 After too much dancing, we headed back to our side of the hotel and enjoyed some live music in the lobby. Pretty soon we all realized how delirious we were from our long day of travel and called it a night. At this point I felt like I was starting to come down with a cold. No bueno!
~.~.~.~
The next morning the sun was out, so we grabbed breakfast and hit the beach right away to soak up the sunshine and enjoy the views:

My throat was a little sore but I was able to make it through, luckily.
MG and I both had appointments at the spa to get facials in the early afternoon (I know, you feel bad for me, don't you?), so we went and partook in some pampering. (Did I mention that this was part of the deal there, and totally free?)
I've never gotten a facial before, and let me tell you, it was incredible. I almost fell asleep a few times during it and my skin felt and looked amazing afterwards.

Sadly, the sun decided to go back into hiding by the time we were done, but the up-side was that MG's other sister and brother-in-law had arrived! We all laid out and hoped for the sun, but the sun had other plans:

So, after getting cold from the breeze, back to the room it was, to warm up in the jacuzzi again. 
Oh, darn! (It's a tough life, I swear!)

We got ready to have dinner with MG's sister and brother in law who had just arrived that day. His middle sister had a special beach dinner planned with her hubby for his bday.

Unfortunately, I think I had a slight fever going on that night and ended up having hot flashes all through dinner (I think my fever was breaking at this point). Needless to say, it was an early to bed night for me to try and be back to normal for the rest of the trip.

And that's it for days 1 and 2. Days 3 and 4 were much more sunshiney, healthy, and fun, so come back and share in the relaxation with me on Monday! :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun first few days, minus being sick. Anywhere with a beach is pretty awesome.

    Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to hear about the rest - a beach vacation sounds just perfect right around this time of year. I am SO ready for spring and sunshine. Hope you have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely. I desperately need a vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!