As promised, I'm back with another tasty (and healthy!) recipe for you that I found from Pinterest, here.
And, it's really easy!
Hummus-Crusted Chicken with Veggies (in the oven)
This dish is full of flavor, and won't leave you feeling guilty afterwards!
What You Need: (sorry I forgot to take a pic of the ingredients)
-4 chicken breasts
-8 oz hummus (use any kind you find tasty)
-1 zucchini, chopped
-1 yellow squash, chopped
-1 medium onion, chopped
-2 lemons (I used 3 Talespoons of lemon juice from the bottle)
-1 tsp. smoked paprika
-salt and pepper
-1 Tbsp. olive oil
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Ready a large baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Chop up your veggies (zucchini, squash and onion). Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil and salt and pepper (to taste). Mix until evenly coated.
3. Add the veggies to the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place it on top of the veggies in the baking dish.
5. Smooth on the hummus, covering the entire tops of the chicken. You can be generous here. Then squeeze the juice of one lemon (or 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice) over the entire dish.
At this point, if you have actual lemons, you can slice the other lemon up and add thinly sliced pieces between the chicken and veggies. I did not do this and it came out just fine.
6. Sprinkle on about 1 tsp of paprika. The key here is to sprinkle it from the jar, not from the measuring spoon, otherwise it plops down unevenly like it did for me.
7. Place the dish in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the veggies are soft.
Remove from the oven and serve!
The chicken is tender, the hummus is crusty in some parts, and creamy in others, and the veggies have absorbed some of the delicious flavors.
All in all, it's a really simple, delicious, and healthy meal to try!
It's also good as leftovers (I wasn't sure if it would be, but I tested it out the next day for lunch and it tasted fab!)
Let me know what you think if you try it!