Tasty Tuesday: Black Bean and Mushroom Enchiladas Recipe

It's been a bit since I've had a recipe post for you, but let me tell you, this one was worth the wait!
My girl Shari over at The Daily Dish has some amazing recipes, and as of yet has not failed me with any of the ones that I've tried. This one included.
This IS a totally meatless dish, however you will be more than satisfied. MG is a meat guy, and he LOVED this dish. (He even asked me, "Does this have any meat in it?" before it was done being made....and that was followed by lots of "oh my God this is SO good" later on.)
Are you dying to make them yet??

What You Need:
-8 tortillas
-1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
-8 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
-1 cup shredded mexican cheese (you can use light)
-12 oz enchilada sauce (you'll use most of a can)
-1/2 yellow onion, chopped
-2 cloves of minced garlic (1 tsp from jar)
-1 jalapeno, sliced and de-seeded (or get a jar and use the slices from there like I did)
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp of juice if using a bottle)
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-a dash each of cumin and black pepper
-cooking spray
What You Do:

1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Chop the mushrooms and 1/2 of the jalapeno (about 10 slices from a jar). I used a chopper to do it and it made it SUPER easy.
2. Put a large skillet/skillet pan on medium heat and add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to the pan. Add in the onion and garlic and heat until fragrant (about a minute).

3. Add in the other 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil along with the chopped jalapeno, mushrooms and black beans. Then add in the lime juice, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper and stir it all together. Cover the pan for approximately 5 minutes, until the beans soften a bit

4. Take a 9x13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray so the enchiladas don't stick.

5. Microwave the tortillas for about 30 seconds. Then lay each tortilla out and add about 1/4 cup of the mushroom/bean mixture to the center of each tortilla. Fold over the sides and lay the enchilada fold-side down in the baking dish.

6. Once your tortillas are all folded and in the baking dish, pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Top with the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.

7. When it's done baking, add the other 1/2 jalapeno (the slices) to the top. I used slightly more than that since we like a little more kick.

8. Plate it up and enjoy with some sour cream, lettuce, or whatever other toppings you like to eat with your enchiladas!

I LOVED these as leftovers, as the flavors got to sit and blend in some more, making it that much more
yummy-delicious-oh-my-god-I-don't-want-it-to-end tasting!!
Can you tell that I liked it?? :)
So, go get the stuff for this and make it! STAT!

4 comments:

  1. Oh... yum! I'm definitely going to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you two loved this recipe. It is definitely a good one! My guy used to be the same way about meatless meals until I started fancying things up and now he asks for them. And he's a Midwesterner (aka a total meat guy). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! This recipe is making me ready for dinner - and it's only 3:30!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!