I'm Back! And.....

I'm back from my vacay in the mountains of PA, but unfortunately I haven't gotten my ish together to do a recap post yet, so you'll have to deal with this tiny, but exciting, post.

I FOUND MY DRESS!

I know I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought I'd found it, but my mom wanted me to go to one more store, just to make sure. So I picked one that was near my place in VA that had other dresses by the designer that I liked, and my mom and one of my bridesmaids came with me. 

I tried on 5 or so more dresses, and saved the dress that I'd loved before for the end.

And it was a NO BRAINER! I was pretty sure before that this was my dress, and now I'm 100000000% sure!

I couldn't stop smiling, walking around on the stage in front of the mirrors...just staring at myself in my dream dress (as vain as that sounds lol). I was beaming in it, and it jus reaffirmed my feelings for it all over again.

Funny enough, it wasn't entirely what I had in mind for my dress when I dreamed of my day. 
I wasn't sure that I would like lace.... I like lace!
I wasn't sure how much beading I would want or like.... I like beading!
It sounds over the top, but it's not. It's the perfect amount of both, and it made me feel beautiful and like a bride! 

I found the perfect veil for the dress, too. So, now I'm on the hunt for wedding shoes, so I can get measured for what they call "hollow to hem" which should help with alteration costs later on down the road. I'm SUPER excited, and can't wait to officially order it all and then wait impatiently with lots of anticipation, for it to arrive! :)

Since I don't want to post any pics of the dress just yet, I'll show you one of the dresses from the same designer, that I didn't choose:
This one has some similar features to my dress, but it's not totally the same. But, at least I can give you a little taste of what I chose :)

Hope you weeks are off to a good start! I'll have a recap of my week at the lake for you later this week :)

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Now for the drama: bridesmaid dresses! Dundundunnnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this dress from the knee up. You should get a short dress like that for the rehearsal dinner or something similar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo that's super exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! So exciting!!! I'm really hoping I love lace on myself as much as I love it on everyone else. I bet your dress is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you are now 100% sure on the dress - that's a big step!:) Glad you're back Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!!! I'm sure you are going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the real thing-- this one is beautiful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is so gorgeous. I can't wait to see the real thing!!
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the dress! But will patiently wait for wedding day pics :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!