Guest Post: Christy at Planes, Trains and Running Shoes

Today I have a fellow DC area blogger for you, who is also planning her wedding (pretty soon we'll be hearing the wedding bells ringing for Christy!) I read Christy's blog, Planes, Trains, and Running Shoes way back when I was in a Long Distance Relationship. Luckily, she and her fiancĂ© both live in the same city now, though! Check her out--I'll just be over here, drinking a mimosa on the beach  (yes, I feel your glares at me...I'm ok with it) :)
~.~.~.~

Hey there! I'm Christy and I blog over at Planes, Trains and Running Shoes where I chronicle my daily adventures in running, traveling, living life in DC and more, recently wedding planning! It's a little crazy to be guest posting for Jenn while she's busy getting married/honeymooning because that will be me in just 5 short months! I don't really remember when Jenn and I started reading blogs, but it was through the wedding planning process that we really started to connect! Jenn and I have a lot in common: we live in the same area, are both planning weddings, love to read, love to cook and we both started out in long distance relationships. I've loved reading all of Jenn's posts about wedding planning, so for my guest post, I'm going to let you know a little about myself through the details of my own wedding!
  The Who: You already know that I'm Christy. I work in DC doing nonprofit fundraising. On my blog, I call my fiance The Pilot. He's a commercial airline pilot.
We met in high school, started seeing each other during our senior year of college and have been together ever since. We moved to DC in December 2012 and absolutely love it!
  The What: We got engaged at our favorite spot in DC - the World War II Memorial on the National Mall. To incorporate our mutual loves of both travel and DC, we're having a travel theme wedding in the heart of DC.
From our engagement photos...right in the spot where we got engaged!
The Where:  I grew up in Fort Worth, Texas. He grew up in central New Jersey, where I moved during high school and where we later met. With my family split between Texas and New Jersey, his in New Jersey and our friends living in far off places like Florida and Hawaii, it made sense for us to get married in DC. After all, no matter where we did it, most of our guests would have to travel! DC's Old Ebbitt Grill is a quintessential DC institution. Established in 1856, it is DC's oldest bar and restaurant. While the restaurant isn't in its original location, its new location - across the street from the White House - makes it a prime spot.
We'll have our ceremony at our church, move over to the National Mall for pictures, and then to Old Ebbitt for a rooftop cocktail hour (featuring the restaurant's famous raw bar!) before moving down to their Atrium for the reception.
  The When:  September 13, 2014 (I'll skip over the why because I think that's pretty obvious!)
  The How:  We're incorporating our theme through the entire wedding. From the airplane cufflinks The Pilot will be wearing to a world map seating chart and tables named after places we've traveled together. The signage directing our guests from place to place will be reminiscent of an airport and I can't wait to see how it all comes together!
He'll wear a tux and I'll wear a custom designed ball gown...made entirely by my mom! We have 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 junior bridesmaids (my nieces), a flower girl and a ring bearer (my niece and nephew).  Wedding planning has been a lot of fun and I've loved reading Jenn's posts about it! She actually recommended her florist to me and I'm so excited to see what both of our wedding flowers will look like!
So, there you have it! Congratulations to Jenn! I wish you and MG all the love and happiness in the world! Have fun in Antigua!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is making your dress?! That is so awesome and so sweet!!

    Northern Virginia blogger over here, getting married 2 weeks after you :) Headed over to your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding sounds so fun - I love that you are really making it personal and unique to you and your fiance!:) Enjoy the wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Enjoy the wedding planning! Awesome, just amazing!
    moved here

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!