Guest Post: Katie at Life, Love and Pursuits of Katie

To wrap up this week of guest posters (I have one more special one planned for Monday so hold your horses!), I have Katie for you today. She and I have been bloggy friends for quite some time now. I remember when Katie got engaged to her sweetheart and when they got married. And now I follow along on her married journey. Katie is a sweetheart, so check out her post and her blog!
~.~.~.~

Hello, new friends!  I'm Katie, and I blog at Life, Love, and Pursuits of Katie.  Like me, I'm sure you guys are so excited for Jenn on her wedding last weekend!  I have been married for a year and a half now, and it's definitely an adjustment, but a great one.  I've come up with what I think are the worst and the best things about being married.

1.  Boys need to be fed.  When I was single, I frequently ate cereal or chips and salsa or whatever I had in the house for dinner.  I didn't care-- I didn't always even eat dinner.  But now there's a man in the house who is HUNGRY and needs to be fed real food (meat, in other words), lest he get cranky.
2.  There are lots of boy movies, and not many are good.  Now, my husband and I are pretty good about this-- we don't make each other go watch movies that the other one is going to hate.  But every now and then, he really wants me to come with him to see a movie that I have ZERO interest in.  So, I go without (much) complaining because I'm a good wife.  And because that means I get to ask him to come see one of my movies next time... :)

3.  Boys take up space.  No more sprawling out in the bed while you sleep.  No more parking your car in the middle of your two-car garage.  No more having all your beauty products all over the bathroom.  Boys actually have their own stuff and need somewhere to put it.  Who knew??

But of course, the benefits to having a husband WAY outweigh these minor adjustments.  For instance...

1.  You have a built-in handyman.  Within the first year we were married, Donny fixed our washing machine, replaced the garbage disposal, worked on our vehicles, cleaned the gutters, and worked in the yard.  None of those things would have ever been done by me if I was living alone.
2.  You have a helper.  When my feet get cold, he warms them up.  When my back itches where I can't reach it, he scratches it.  How did I ever live without this??

3.  You have an audience.  I don't know about you, but some of my cleverest ideas or jokes hit me when I'm home.  Now I have someone to witness my brilliance!  Not to mention that now there's someone who now knows just how amazing I am at Jeopardy!

4.  You have a cheerleader.  When I'm sad/mad/upset/whatever, I know that when I get home, the person I love the most will be there to cheer me up and encourage me.  This is probably my favorite thing about being married.  Just the knowing that he's there every.single.day. is amazing.
Jenn, I'm so happy for you that you've found your person.  I hope your wedding was wonderful and that your honeymoon will be the perfect first memories of your marriage!  Thanks for letting me take over your blog today.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great post, and all very true! I used to be able to live off of cereal or quesadillas for dinner and now I actually cook a "balanced" meal 4-5 times a week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!