5 on Friday

It's Friiiiiiidayyyy! And you know what that means!

{1}-Dinner/Drinks
Tonight I get to see one of my besties, Trish! She's working in the area, so she's stopping by to see our new digs, and then we're gonna go get dinner and drinks somewhere nearby. I love seeing my buddy-- it's been a while since we've been a little wrapped up in house stuff. Love me some Trishy time! :)
throwback pic!
{2}-Golfin' and Grillin'
Near our house is a place called Top Golf. It's like a driving range, but a little less boring than that, and on the weekends they have live music/a DJ which makes anything more fun! On Saturday, we're going with 2 of our couple friends and then we're gonna grill out at the house and enjoy the supposed-to-be nice weather. One of the couples is moving soon, so we've gotta soak up as much time as we can with them before they're less easy to hang out with.

{3}-THREE MORE DAYS
3 more days until this school year FINALLY comes to a close. Ok, 4 if you count today, but I'm not. The kids are antsy, the teachers are antsy, and no real work is actually being accomplished at this point. I'm ready for my summer to start, to get some house projects started/completed, and go on some summer vacays! Bring on Summer!!
{4}-Packing up my office...again
Remember a few weeks ago when I told you that I was moving my office at work and had to pack everything up? Well, since it's the end of the school year (and we're required to pack up our classrooms/offices every year), I'll be re-packing all of the stuff that I had to unpack in order to do my job. Luckily it isn't AS daunting as it would be if I hadn't packed already. But, let's be real: after moving at work and unpacking (only to re-pack) and moving at home, I'm over this whole "putting things into boxes" crap. Seriously, BRING ON SUMMER!!
{5}-Home Decor
I mentioned briefly yesterday that I've been spending a LOT of time trying to figure out paint/furniture/decor ideas for the house. It's almost as addicting as wedding planning was...so many different details, choices and designs to pick from! I always second guess myself as to whether or not something is going to look right, or go together. MG and I recently bought curtains for our bedroom, only to hang them up and realize they looked like old lady curtains (and then repackaged them to return). I will say that Pinterest and Google search have been my best friends in this process. Hopefully once I have the time this summer to knock things out, it will all come together the way I'm envisioning it in my head. 

And on that note, I'm off to peruse Pinterest some more make it through another day of work before weekend fun!

4 comments:

  1. yay for dinner and drinks! can't wait to see your face and your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Top Golf! So fun. You are so close to summer... just a few more boxes to go! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the frustration with home decor... We've returned so many items to the store (or shipped stuff back) because it just. wasn't. working. It took 11 months for us to find curtains that we loved for our living room window (it's a 9x9 foot window... HUGE), and let me tell you- it was worth the wait! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom just finished her school year and was filled with relief, so i am sure you will feel the same way in a few days!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!