My Weekend

I definitely could use another weekend to recover from my actual weekend! And not because I was a party animal...
This weekend was full of pre-moving "fun" in order to prepare for our full-fledged move next weekend.

Friday after work I went home and packed a bunch of stuff so it was ready to go the next morning. Then I got ready to head to dinner with two girl friends. While the girls had dinner and drinks, the husbands had beer and pizza at my friends' house. Girl's night was filled with great friends and delicious foods. After dinner, I went back to the house with my friend and we hung out with the guys for a bit before we headed home. 

Saturday morning we were up and at 'em getting our cars packed with whatever we could before we headed over to the new house to unload everything and wait for our mattress and washer/dryer deliveries. The tenants were there cleaning, so we got to spend some time with them around the house--they are really such nice people, and we're already on our way to being friends with them :)

It was surreal walking into the house, and seeing it totally empty. It finally hit home that this was ours! Once the tenants left, we had a little bit of time to relax on the deck and enjoy the awesome weather together while we waited for deliveries. It was really nice to just revel in the fact that this was "our home" :)

Our new washer and dryer were delivered (1.5 hours late) and our new bed was delivered (and put into one of the guest rooms until our bedroom set moves next weekend):
the guest room is actually pretty large...I just can't convey/fit it into a photo standing in the doorway
That night we grabbed a sushi dinner near the condo and then went for key lime martinis at another restaurant for "dessert" before we came back home to do a bit more packing and then relax.

Sunday we ran a few errands for the week, then loaded up the cars again and drove back to the house.
Our new welcome mat
After unloading our cars, we did an impromptu painting of the kitchen pantry (of all things to start with...right? haha) to give it a little facelift, and when we left the house, it looked SO much better :) #freshstart

To top it all off, the weather this weekend was insanely gorgeous--my idea of perfect weather! 

Today, I have my end of the year luncheon with the other speech pathologists in my area, which is always a good time. It also happens to be right around the corner from the house, so afterwards my friend Bree is gonna come by to see it (while I drop off more stuff!)--I can't wait for her to see the "before" and then the "after"...you know, once we actually DO something to make it an "after" haha

Hope you had a good weekend!
Don't forget to link up with these lovely ladies:
Mingle 240

8 comments:

  1. The picture on your deck looks so pretty! Sounds like a great weekend!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally know the feeling of needing more time off after moving! It's exhausting, but so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for starting to move in! Can't wait to see pics of the finished place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. moving is never fun but it sounds like yours is going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is so exciting! Not the packing/unpacking part, but a fresh start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see the new house! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely need a weekend to recover after moving. Looks like a great weekend all around :)

    Thanks for linking up with MMG!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!