Friday Faves

Oh my goodness, it's finally Friday! I tell you the first week back to work can be kind of a doozy! Luckily all has gone smoothly so far, and I feel ready for the kids' arrival next week (even though I still haven't been told what my second school site will be...because why would that be important for planning or scheduling purposes, right?)
Anyway, since it's Friday, let's talk about some faves!
{1} Organization
(I had no control over the two-toned walls...lol)
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: organization makes me happy. In setting up my office at work this year, I made sure to really go through and get rid of a bunch of stuff I haven't used and therefore don't need. I did SO well purging that I was able to get rid of an entire bookshelf (and all of it's stuff) in my office and it looks SO much less cluttered. I also figured out some awesome ways to organize my paperwork and data so I'm feeling on top of my game right now.

{2} My thoughtful husband
Well, he's always a favorite, but he gets extra credit when he does super sweet things, like bringing me home flowers and candy on my first day back to work. It's the little things, and I love that he takes the time to make sure I feel special during moments that could be really stressful. Love him!

{3} Favorite New Find
 On vacation, I was introduced to a new drink, Spiked Seltzer.
{via}
Have you heard of it? It's a natural drink, that has low carbs and is gluten free! It comes in four flavors: Orange, Lime, Cranberry and Grapefruit. They are not super sweet at all, which I actually really liked because I can only drink so many super sugary drinks before I feel sick (like one mango-rita and my stomach hurts). You honestly don't even feel like you're drinking with these because they just taste like flavored seltzer water. 
My SIL brought them to the shore the other week and they were gone within a day or two. Highly recommend if you're looking for a less-sweet drink option--the low calorie and gluten free parts are a bonus too!
Their website has a few drink mixes to try with their spiked seltzers, too.

{4} Gratitude 30
I've been doing the Gratitude 30 photo prompts this week (and will hopefully continue throughout the month). The #Gratitude30 prompt today is Clothing.
I'm thankful for the ability to buy clothing that's cute and affordable (and for sales so I can get those more pricey pieces a little more reasonably). But I'm also really thankful for comfy clothes. And since today is Friday, and all I want to do is lounge around in comfy clothes, that's the route I'm going.
My favorite lounge-wear comes from Target (and were only $9.99)--I love these cute shorts:
#comfyclothesforthewin 
 Not everything has to be super glamorous, right? :)

{5} Funnies
When someone sneezes for the 7th time in a row...
{via}
When people are walking, talking, crap-spewing trainwrecks:
{via}
But sometimes, you just can't help but look at them and their hot-mess-express:
{via}
When it's the end of the week and you're ready for the long weekend ahead:
{via}
Happy Friday, friends! I hope you have a great long weekend!

27 comments:

  1. Organization makes me happy too! A clean organized space makes it so much easier to function!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spikes seltzer - yes please!!! How sweet is MG with the flowers and candy - that guy!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. MG is so sweet. what a nice guy! i'm going to look for those seltzers although I don't need to be introduced to another beverage I can't make at home. I don't remember you having a window in your classroom last year! that's gotta be exciting! Happy Friday!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh thank you I will definitely add that to my list those seltzers! Sweet hubby award for sure. Seriously how is the Summer over already?!?!?! I hope you have a fabulous last hooray weekend before those kiddos move in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of those seltzers and been meaning to try them! I'll have to keep an eye out for them this weekend. Congrats on all the organizing, purging feels so amazing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet husband, it always feel so great to feel loved <3 definitely trying those drinks, they sound exactly like something I'd love!! hope you have a great, relaxing weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet surprise from your hubby! Great job on your office space! And love that sneezing gif! Ha So true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your last meme. That would be my to do list for the weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a good weekend! Cute shorts, yay for classroom organization! But boo on not knowing the second site, I mean come on people its next week. But I am hoping you have good students there year and no one hits you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your funnies. Cool that you used a Heather Dubrow gif today too! Target has the best lounge wear! I got some from there not too long ago. Have a great long weekend!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making it through your first week! And now the weekend!! :)

    xo, Carly - soak and simmer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love organizing – it really can be enjoyable. I can only imagine how getting rid of that clutter must be so nice. I love the extra “little” things husbands do like those flowers and candy – I always tell Derek it’s the little things that mean the most to me. I think I might need to check out those drinks – I don’t like seltzer water because it’s plain to me but with a flavor could be really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to have to try that Spiked Seltzer. I love Izze drinks but they are certainly not low-carb and gluten-free. Plus, I bet they would be great mixers for a little Labor Day cocktail. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you survived your first week back ;) Bless that sweet husband of yours for making it a little sweeter (see what I did there?! HA!) Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love be organizing, your office is too cute. What a sweet hubby you have, you are a very lucky girl. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for organization, the room looks great, lady! Glad your first week wasn't too bad. Major points to your hubby, too for the gorgeous flowers. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your room looks awesome! It is always such a task getting it all ready! And how sweet is your husband! Bonus points for sure!! And your funnies made my laugh out loud! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for organization and thoughtful gifts from the husband - love Starbursts! Happy Friday and long weekend gurlie <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your room looks awesome! Great job! Enjoy your LDW before you head back to the kiddos. I feel for you teachers at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am obsessed with organizing! And you SWEET hubby, what a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been dying to try the Spiked Seltzer! Where did you find it??

    ReplyDelete
  22. Getting flowers is always awesome.

    I love Target! A lot of my clothes come from there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The spiked seltzer sounds fantastic! I need to find some

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your organization looks awesome! Yay for cinderblock in offices/rooms! :) And that spiked seltzer sounds amazing! Hope you have a great weekend! That e-card about doing nothing is me this weekend! :) xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  25. That was so sweet of your husband!! Always love thoughtful acts like that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am all about comfy clothes, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet husband!! I'll have to look out for that seltzer! And love you office too! Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!