{Recipe Files}:"Zoodle-ghetti"

I recapped the first part of my LDW highlights on Monday--you can check it out here.

In honor of the first day of school (for kids in our area) and easy, healthy meals I wanted to share the easiest zoodle recipe!
Do you like spaghetti with sauce? If the answer is yes, you'll probably like "zoodle-ghetti" (I just made that up!)

What You Need:
~4 medium zucchini
~your favorite jar of pasta sauce
~olive oil
~parmesan cheese (the sprinkle kind)
*Optional: 8 oz mushrooms

What You Do:
1. If you're using mushrooms, use a medium skillet and add olive oil. Heat over medium heat and add in mushrooms. Cook, stirring and flipping occasionally, until the mushrooms are softer and cooked through.

2. While your mushrooms are cooking, spiralize your zoodles. 

3. Using a big skillet, over medium heat, add in some olive oil (about a tablespoon), and a teaspoon of minced garlic. Then add in the zoodles and cook through (about 5 minutes).

4. Add in the pasta sauce and the mushrooms and cook until the sauce is heated through.
5. Plate it up and add some (or a lot) of Parmesan cheese!
It's quick, easy and satisfies that spaghetti craving!

To all of the teachers, psychologists, social workers, counselors, speech pathologists, etc who have the first day of school with kids today: Good luck!! 
~.~.~
Ironically, on the first day of school, today's #Gratitude30 prompt is Sleep. 
I'm thankful for a snuggly pup, who climbs into my lap and totally relaxes. I love these moments of pure love and contentedness. 

12 comments:

  1. You know me - throw in cheese and I'm a happy girl!! Good luck today lady - you're going to have a great year!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loooove zoodles in our house!! Hope you have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, yum, yum!! I know your summer flew by way too fast, but it seems so late for today to be the first day of school! Probably just because Arizona and Utah started school weeks ago so I've been hearing about it on social media for quite awhile now, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I say this each time but ... this seems like a texture nightmare. I'm glad you like it! I am curious about the zoodles tho!

    I hope you have an awesome first day of school with the kiddos!

    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I need to bust out my spiralizer - it's been awhile since I've had zoodles!

    xo, Carly
    P.S. - I changed my blog name to carly blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I love this twist on a classic spaghetti dish, I'll definitely give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!! I'd definitely load on the cheese and the mushrooms :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! I've been on such a cooking kick (which is sometimes rare) This looks delish and Coop is o so snuggly & cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds comforting and delicious! Hope you have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! I'm a school psych so my favorite dinners during the week are fast and easy, this one looks like it's both! Plus we just got a spiralizer from our wedding so I can't wait to try it out! Hope your first week back with the kiddos goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First day of school today with students for me. A great start! I hope it was for you too. So glad you linked up at Tuesday Talk with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've quickly become obsessed with zoodles, they are delicious! I'll be saving this to make soon! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!