That was a mouthful, wasn't it? Pun not intended!
This dish is as flavorful as the name of it is long!
I saw the recipe on Baker By Nature's website at the perfect time: when my husband and I were both craving Asian flavors! Enter this easy 20 minute, flavor-packed meal!
(The ingredients list will look long, but again, if you've made any Asian-inspired meals before, you likely have a lot of this on hand already.)
~8 oz package lo mein noodles
~2 Tbsp olive oil
~1 Tbsp butter
~1/2 pound shrimp, peeled
~1 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
~2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp from jar)
~1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
~2 large eggs, lightly beaten
~1 Tbsp brown sugar
~2 1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
~2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
Optional: ~1 tsp grated ginger (I used)
~1 tsp sesame oil (I used)
~cilantro (I used some dried spices)
~3 green onions, chopped (I didn't use)
What You Do:
1. Cook the lo mein according to package directions, about 4-5 minutes (these cook quick!)
2. While you're prepping the pasta to be cooked, get a small bowl and stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, and ginger.
3. In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, add in the butter and the red pepper flakes. Stir until the butter is melted, and then whisk in the eggs and cook like scrambled eggs until cooked. Transfer the eggs to another plate.
4. Using the same skillet over medium-high heat, add in 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 clove of garlic (or 1/2 tsp) and add in the shrimp, cooking until just firm and bright pink. Transfer to a plate on the side when done.
5. Add zucchini to the pan with the remaining oil with the rest of the garlic (1 clove or 1/2 tsp) over medium-high heat. Cook until just charred, about 3 minutes (I did until it was cooked through).
6. Add the cooked noodles to the skillet with the zucchini, followed by the eggs, shrimp, and the sauce. Over medium-low heat, mix until everything is coated in that delicious sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions (if you're using them) and serve it up!
Enjoy this delicious dish with a kick!
If you're looking for some other tasty recipes to try, check out my Recipes Page which has a TON of great ones!