I made this meal a few weeks ago but then I forgot to post it because you all were excited about the parmesan herb crusted salmon, that I posted that one first.
I'll admit, it's really difficult to make meatloaf look appetizing, but trust me when I say this was super tasty and very flavor-filled. If you like buffalo sauce, you'll like this recipe!
Plus, it's SUPER simple to throw together. Win-win!
|*adapted from recipe at Mother Thyme|
What You Need:
~1 lb ground chicken
~1 cup plain bread crumbs
~1/3 C celery, diced
~1/3 C crumbled gorgonzola cheese
~1/4 C white onion, diced
~1/3 C milk
~1/3 C hot sauce
~1 large egg
~1/2 tsp salt
~1/4 tsp each: garlic powder, parsley, dill weed
~pinch of black pepper
Topping: 3 Tbsp hot sauce
1-2 Tbsp crumbled gorgonzola
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Then spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, add in the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, celery, gorgonzola and onion and mix to combine.
3. In a smaller bowl, add in the milk, hot sauce, egg, salt, garlic powder, parsely, dill and black pepper and combine.
4. Pour the contents from the small bowl into the meat and mix to combine. Then add to the loaf pan. Add the remaining hot sauce to the top and bake for about 45 minutes. Then add the Gorgonzola cheese to the top and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Let stand for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Like I said, it doesn't LOOK sexy, but boy does it taste awesome!