I mentioned a few weeks ago that MG and I attempted zucchini tots from Damn Delicious (well, I did...MG was a great sous chef!) and they turned out pretty well! Definitely a healthier option when you're craving those tots!!
What You Need:
~2 zucchini, shredded
~2 carrots, peeled and shredded*
~1/2 C Panko bread crumbs
~2 large eggs
~1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
~2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
~1/2 tsp dried basil
~1/2 tsp dried oregano
~1/4 tsp garlic powder
~1/4 tsp onion powder
~Pinch of cajun seasoning
~salt and pepper to taste
*I used baby carrots and just put them into my food processor and it worked just fine.
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400F then spray a baking sheet or use a silpat baking mat on the baking sheet.
2. Put the grated zucchini in a colander in the sink, add salt, and toss it to combine. Let it sit for a bit before squeezing the water out using a towel. A LOT of the "juice" will come out which is what you want!
3. In a large bowl, add in the squeezed zucchini, carrots, Panko, eggs, cheeses, and the seasonings. Basically that whole list of ingredients, dump it in and mix it all together!
4. Taking small amounts of the mixture, form it into tots and place on the baking sheet.
5. Bake until crisp and golden brown. Original recipe says 16-18 minutes, but ours took about 20 or a little while longer.
6. Serve right away with whatever you like to eat your tots with! We ate ours with ketchup (and a pesto grilled cheese!) and they were tasty!