WHW {#93}: Currently

Happy Wednesday! Is it possible that I'm here two days in a row??? I'm shocked myself! #sleepingbabyblessings
Reading ...
I'll be real with you all, I haven't read anything since Ella was born so I've still got No Way Back by Andrew Gross loaded in my Kindle. Although at this point I kind of forgot what was happening in the story. Oops.

Watching ...
MG and I watched the new season of Catastrophe in about a day and a half because we're both home, and the season is only 6 episodes long. We've moved on to Aziz Ansari's Master of None which I love--I wish that the seasons came out more frequently and were longer because the show is just cute and funny.
{via}
And because of late night feedings, I've been able to keep caught up on all of my Bravo shows, plus Married at First Sight. I suppose I could be reading, but at 2am, I'm lucky to keep my eyes open.

One show I can't get behind is Southern Charm Savannah. I stopped watching it midway through the first episode because I was so bored by the people. Anyone else feel the same way?
{via}
Eating....
Friends and our neighbors have been so nice to drop off meals for us the last two weeks. And now we're getting back into cooking at home because we're beginning to figure out how to function like human beings again lol
On the menu this week:
Baked Queso Tacos
Shrimp and Feta Dip Pasta
Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
Neighbor is bringing over tuscan chicken and artichokes--Yum!

And, yes, I've been enjoying my fair share of carbs and sweets since having Ella and it is GLORIOUS!!!!


Looking forward to ... 
getting our newborn photos back in the next week or so. We took them last Wednesday and they were adorable from what our photographer showed us. Here's a behind the scenes shot that I took:

Enjoying ...
how much weight falls off of you when you're breastfeeding. It's pretty damn incredible! I'm about 3 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Given, there's a lot more squishy areas than there were before though haha


Drinking...
water water and more water! 


Loving....
that I'm not at work even though I check my work emails, and I see the stupid annoying things that are happening. I'm glad I'm not the one there dealing with them. I see those emails and I snuggle Ella a little bit closer.

Dreading....

when MG goes back to work after Memorial Day.

Wanting ... 
a massage and a pedicure. MG encouraged me to get both scheduled, so I have a massage schedule on Friday and I have plans to get a pedi this afternoon. Bless that man.

Wearing ...
all things comfy. And still wearing some maternity stuff because I don't quite fit back into my clothes the way I want to. Also....nursing boobs are a HUGE difference, too. Loose tops for the win!
I wore this during our newborn photos
Add caption
Grateful For...
MG. He's been beyond amazing through everything. He deals with my roller coaster of post baby emotions, he changes diapers without flinching (in fact, he changed all of the diapers when we were in the hospital and when we first got home), he makes food, cleans up around the house, and is always there when I need him for anything. I'm so glad he's had this time off from work because I'm not sure how I would have managed without him. We make quite a good team, and I thank God every day that he's my husband.

And just because I love her so much....
hehe
Now it's your turn to link up with Jessi and I and share what's hap-"pinning" with you!

20 comments:

  1. We watched catastrophe in almost one sitting - that show is hilarious! 3 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight - amazing girl and MG is a rockstar, as are you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, you look amazing!!! I lost most of my baby weight in the first few weeks too (nursing rocks!), although I had friends who nursed and lost weight super slow. Weird. I'm so glad things are going so well, those first few weeks can be dicey, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha oh yeah I remember my nursing boobs, they were so huge! It was the only time in my life I had something real there LOL. I can't wait to see more of Ella's newborn pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nursing boobs were such a new thing for me that took awhile to get used to, and now they're gone completely lol! Keep wearing all the comfy things and just enjoy those newborn snuggles, real life can wait. I just watched my first episode of Master of None last night and it was so funny, I think I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a little doll baby! So precious! It's nice once you get in a semi-routine and you're able to start get back some normalcy with sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the fence about the new Southern charm. I've watched the first two episodes, but I'm thinking I'll stop; it seems very "low rent" as they say in the show and it's totally different than the original. Not as classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woot all the baby time! and 3 lbs? girl that's awesome! and so great people have brought over meals for you guys. lovely support system! i need to watch master of none, i have heard nothing but good things!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nursing boobs - I miss them! (haha) Southern Charm Savannah is a trainwreck I feel like - still watching but not loving. Can't wait for those newborn pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic!! I would always catch up on shows in the middle of the night too. She is just so cute! Nothing better than squishy baby pictures, love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so sweet & cute!! Glad to hear you're already getting back to your old self - that's impressive! I'm sure a massage and pedicure will make you feel even more like yourself! So glad MG has been so wonderful and helpful. I'm sure this is priceless family time you all are getting together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is just too cute!!! :) You look great and hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love getting a glimpse into what life has been like the last two weeks. Yay for amazing husbands and yes nursing boobs are no joke. HUGE and uncomfortable. Ha. I can't wait for the newborn photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Team work makes the dream work! I'm glad you guys are in a good swing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you guys are doing great! And girl, YES to all the nursing making the pounds drop! After both of our kids I was eating like a linebacker NONSTOP and my weight still melted off. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight just around two weeks after giving birth, too. But like you said, the weight was just distributed oddly and my middle was super squishy! The squishy will go away once you're cleared to work out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous! Some much needed pampering is definitely deserved. Can't wait to see the newborn photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so sweet and what an awesome hubby you have! You are so lucky to have him home! Garrett got TWO days off (insert mad face emoji). You look amazing and I cannot wait to see her newborn pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your spa times this week!! Your meals sound delicious and I can't wait to see the newborn photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those baked queso tacos sound very good. I can't remember if you have shared the recipe before?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually have started to like Southern Charm Savannah... the 2nd episode made me laugh a lot.. give it another chance!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so so happy for you my sweet friend! she is cute as a button! I'm loving following along on Snapchat so keep it up!

    As for Southern Charm Savannah, I thought the same thing at first. I'm not a huge fan of the music they play in the intro and the people were kind of annoying and I HATE how they talk so much about the "southern way". But I have to say I'm still watching, I like a few of the dynamics of the group now that I'm a few episodes in. It is no where NEAR as good as the original but I'll still watch.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!