{WHW}: Randoms

Happy hump day friends!
What's hap-"pinning" around these parts:

~My breast pump sounds like it's saying "wa-boom" which makes me think about the dude from Rachel's season on The Bachelorette. Which is not a fun thought while you're pumping.

~I think I need a notepad by my bed so I can write down whatever things are running through my head in the middle of the night (or early morning). During the weekends I can sleep and not have a care in the world, but come Sunday through the work week, I'm up at 4 thinking about work and all the things I have to do. 

~Our pediatrician said that Ella can start trying foods now, including a little bit of peanut butter a couple of times a week. As excited as I am to try this out, I'm nervous too--especially about the peanut butter. What if she has an allergic reaction???

~When the fire alarm goes off while you're pumping in your office
{via}
~helping Kindergarteners during the first week of school during dismissal was like trying to herd cats...it was like a comedy of errors. This one is crying because his backpack is making him too sweaty. Another one is saying their bag is too heavy, and then 3 others are laughing and not paying attention to the line that's leaving them.

~On Monday, MG made a new recipe: Cilantro lime Shrimp Foil Packets on the grill. My heavens they were delicious!! So sad we tried this so late in the season, but definitely adding it to the list come next Spring/Summer!
{via}
~I go to help at a second school two afternoons a week. I've been doing this for the past several years because my caseload at my school isn't high enough and each year it's usually a different school than the previous ones. Well, the one I'm at this year, I'm working with a hoarder. I walk in there and there's no place for me to put my things down, or even sit. She has to clear off the main table for me to be able to work with kids. The kids are so distracted and hard to get to focus (and I can't blame them because it's hard for ME to focus!). I also have to pump here which gives me the heebie jeebies...look at these pics!
~Hypocrit copycats make me laugh...and eyeroll
{via}
~Is there a problem that cupcakes can't solve? Maybe. Cupcakes and wine? Not likely :)

~I have a massage scheduled for after work today, and had a dentist appointment after work yesterday. The logistics of picking up Ella from daycare, getting her home, and myself to the massage (and the dentist) are stressful enough to have all kinds of extra knots for the therapist to work out #commutingsucks

Hoping the rest of the week goes quickly and smoothly! Link up with Jessi and I and share what's hap"pinning" with you!




16 comments:

  1. That classroom is giving my organized self anxiety over the internet so I can only imagine how you feel in there in person. That's not a place conducive to learning! I can't believe the school doesn't make her clean that mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm that hoarder room is awful! Yikes! Cheers to the massage lady - I have YET to schedule mine from March! What is wrong with me? As for the pb issue, its scary for sure! I let Andi nibble on a pb cracker and luckily she did great. Its just one of those things! I hope she loves it! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok-- so I am both a kindergartner (my diaper bag/backpack makes my back sweat!) and a proponent of cupcakes solving all the problems! I made a dozen for my baristas at Starbucks today (and they comped my drink... win win!). XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pump always sounded like I was milking a cow. Literally, it was the most uncomfortable thing ever! But flipping topics, I need to make that cilantro lime shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to wine and yes to cupcakes - perfect combo. That shrimp sounds delicious, too! I love grilling season.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give her the peanut butter!!!! For the longest time they were recommending that you don't give PB to little kids until they were like 2 or something and our pediatrician told us that by doing that we are CAUSING PB allergies! It's best to go ahead and give it to them at a young age. We gave it to both of ours early on and neither are allergic. As a matter of fact, Olivia is obsessed with it. She would eat a PB&J every single meal if we would let her. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if this is a universal term or not, but that hoarder's room gave me the heebie jeebies! So sorry you have to deal with that! Wine cures everything for sure, I'll take two glasses over the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum that recipe MG made looks so good! I definitely keep a notepad by my bed- it helps!! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - use notes in your phone for all those random thoughts! Derek always laughs because he's like oh what are you typing now?? I think every hour I'm writing down different thoughts so I don't forget!

    Those foil packets look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! That recipe sounds delish! And I'm dying laughing thinking about the fire alarm going off while you're pumping. Not cool, fire alarm, not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to keep a notepad close by at all times too! I have so many things I think about at night and always forget them by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo I wanted to try a foil packet recipe similar to that but we never got around to it! OMG that cluttered classroom, AHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trying new foods made me nervous also but it all ended up being ok initially. Now at almost 2 years old it seems too much cheese bothers his stomach. Can't wait to hear what she likes and doesn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost spit out my coffee while laughing at the wa-boom comment! Lmao!!

    Yay for cupcakes! :)

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!