{WHW}: More Sickies

Sorry I've been MIA this whole week--we've been battling more sickies at our house this past weekend and it was the worst yet.

I'll recap my weekend/beginning of the week in numbers:

3: the number of hours I got out of the house this weekend. On Friday night at our friends' holiday party
3: the number of glasses of wine I had

3: the number of times Ella threw up Friday into Saturday morning

1: the number of times it was all over me

0/1: the number of times we got to visit Santa this weekend. Our plans got cancelled because Ella was running a fever and feeling like crap, and so were the boys we were supposed to go with. Bummer all around! :(

0: the number of times Ella would take a bottle (until Monday late afternoon, and even then it was a semi-struggle)

4: the number of times I cried on Saturday because I felt so bad for my girl

4: the number of times Ella woke up on Friday night

45: the number of glasses of wine that I wanted this weekend (kidding...kinda)

50: the number of Christmas cards we got addressed and put into the mail over the weekend
2-3: the number of inches of snow we got for Ella's first snow (even though it was spent indoors being sick)
4: the number of times Ella peed on the thermometer when I tried to take her temperature

3: the number of days Ella had a fever

1: the number of days I had to take off work (Monday), and got to spend it all with this girl, who was thankfully feeling better!
I came back to a kind of crap storm at work that I'm trying to deal with the best that I can but having a sick kid, then dealing with work stresses is sending me a bit over the edge if I'm being completely honest. Especially since I feel like a lot of the decisions being made at work at nonsensical, completely disruptive, and I have absolutely no say (it seems) in how it affects me, my work space, and how I work with my students which is super frustrating.

I'm sorry for my absence. Hoping I can get it together the rest of the week! Link up with Jessi and I and share what's hap-"pinning" with you!





14 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy Miss Ella is feeling better. That is the worst helpless feeling when your child is sick! You and the gals look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that Ella was sick this weekend but so glad she's feeling better!! Hoping everything at work levels out before the end of the year! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick babies are so hard! Hope you guys are all well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got to take off to spend a day with Ella and that she's feeling better. ALMOST CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!! We can make it! haha
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh-- I knew when I didn't see your posts that Ella was still sick. Poor baby!!! On your wish list from Santa, include a temporal exergen thermometer... it's a much less struggle-filled (and pee filled) way to take a temp! Poor thing!! Glad she's feeling better-- hopefully you don't catch it!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  6. SICKNESS BE GOOOOOONE! (all caps so it better work!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so sorry she was sick all weekend, that is just no good. I am glad she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor kiddo, I'm glad she's feeling better!!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh man that is ROUGH! I hope you're all on the mend, you deserve a healthy holiday season!!!! And holy crap you got 2 ft of snow!?!? I was happy with our flurries but now I'm SO jealous haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I hope she is feeling better now. Nothing worse than a sick little one, you feel like there is nothing you can do to make them better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear Ella has been so sick. Those tummy bugs are the absolute worst, and I'm eagerly waiting for the norovirus vaccine to hit the market. They have the rotavirus one, now we need to complete the puzzle so the kiddos don't deal with that garbage anymore. Sending lots of hugs and wine <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless her little heart! And yours! It is so awful having a sick baby and they really do stay sick all the time for the first couple of years. Fortunately by the time she's two or three she'll rarely get anything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ugh the sickness has hit our house too! It's so frustrating! I hope you all feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!