Weekly Wins: {Love Love Love}

Happy happy Friday, friends!!
We made it to another week's end, and I'm definitely ready for  the long weekend ahead!

This week had a TON more wins than losses, which is always the sign of a good week.

~These gorgeous flowers sent to me by my FIL!
There was a little snafu when a smaller bouquet was left with a card for another Jennifer who lives about 30 minutes from where I do. Luckily we were able to get in touch with one another and flowers were exchanged (without any care from the florist shop who did not call either one of us back). These beauties are sitting on our entry way table and are a great bright spot!

~The cutest cards from MG and my Ella for Valentine's Day, along with some sweets and some quality time. Perfection in my book!
The sweetest Valentine there ever was :)
~An unexpected thank you card from a coworker, thanking me for my work at school. Gosh, how amazing it feels to receive appreciation for what you do. It's the little things for sure, and getting this in my work mailbox totally brightened up my day.

~Ella's first arts and crafts from daycare for her first Valentine's Day basically melted my heart and is something we'll hang on to forever.
~A cute hand-made bracelet from my 6th grade Ella at work
~2 new, awesome meals in the Instant Pot #yummyyummy
~Getting to see our extended family this weekend in PA! And a long weekend at that!!

Before I go, I would be remiss if I did not mention something that I am becoming more and more passionate about. Gun violence. After the shooting on Feb 14th (one of several since the beginning of 2018, just SEVEN weeks ago) I feel called to action. Like so many I send my thoughts and prayers to the victims' families, but dammit, that is NOT ENOUGH!!!!
I'm for people having guns if they want them. I don't want them, but I'm not (and those who want gun control aren't either) trying to take them away. What I DON'T think anyone needs is an automatic or semi-automatic rifle that can shoot off round after round after round in seconds/minutes.
We ALSO need mental health services for people who are mentally ill and capable of these things. Systems in check to identify and help these people before it gets to this level.
It is not black and white, but I also feel like this is something staring us in the face. The kids who died are staring US in the face....what are we going to do? I don't want to worry about sending my baby off to school wondering if she's going to get shot that day. I don't want to go to work and have to think about how I would protect my students should this happen. It's NOT normal, and this SHOULD NOT be our norm. It doesn't have to be!
Even though I try not to get political on my blog, I had to say something because enough is enough is enough is ENOUGH!!!!

Hoping you have fun plans for the weekend, and that your week was filled with love!

14 comments:

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous! What a mess from the floral shop! Love Ella's cute PJs and her first arts and crafts project. Adorable! Enjoy the long weekend! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful week!! The flowers are beautiful!! It really is the best when someone is thoughtful and lets you know they appreciate all you do! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Moms Demand Action if you have not, they are passionate about ending gun violence in schools. I am just so angry that we have become so desensitized to this as a nation, enough is enough! I need to know more about that second recipe please and thank you. Enjoy your beautiful flowers and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet that your FIL sent you flowers! What a kind gesture!

    And PREEEEAAAACH!!!! I feel the EXACT same way about guns. Guns are not for us and we will likely never have any in our household and while I don't think we need to take them away from all law-abiding citizens there is SOMETHING that needs to be done to control them better. How an 18 year old can just waltz in to a shop and legally buy a rifle is beyond me. And in my personal opinion, if people aren't old enough to drink alcohol, then they damn sure shouldn't be old enough to buy military-grade weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet Valentine's Day you had! Love both gifts from both Ellas ;) And perfect words about gun control. My boyfriend is a police officer who owns guns and, of course, has to carry one every day at work, but the two of us could not agree with your stance more. Enough is enough is enough is right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shooting this week broke my heart. I am so sad that these things are happening. I am all for guns, but we need to stop the sales of automatic weapons and we also need to work on mental health issues. I love those flowers. Soooo pretty. Lucky you were able to work out the mix up...no thanks to the flower shop. I hope you have the best weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those first crafts they make for you are just the most precious, espceially after struggling through infertility :)

    I agree with your thoughts on this gun stuff 100%!! There is so much to address on this issue and something needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Stopping by through the linkup. Your Valentine's flowers are so pretty! And your little girl is just adorable! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're Valentine's day was lovely; but amen about gun violence. So tragic and so unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet of your FIL to send you flowers!! And Ella's craft is the cutest!!! SHE is the cutest!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your FIL is adorable! What a sweet gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved reading this! What a great week! I love the little arts & craft projects from your sweet Ella and 6th grade Ella! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are lovely - how thoughtful! The card from Ella is such a great idea too, what a cutie! I don't think I should comment on the US gun situation being British but I am glad y'all are having the debate - what happened was such a sad tragedy - Europafox x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!