{WHW}: Snow Day!!!

That's right--it's the end of March and we have a snow day today! Rarely do we get snow storms this late in March and typically I'd be poo-poo'ing it, but since we haven't used even half of our snow days, and Spring Break is next week, I'm rooting for some extra days with my girl!
Anyway, let's hop into what's hap-"pinning" lately...
Food:
I tried out two new dishes this week, both of which were recommended last week by Emily (thanks, girl!!)
One Pot Beef and Parmesan Pasta with Zucchini from Lindsay at Lindsay's Sweet World--simple, relatively quick, and delicious. MG, Ella and myself all liked this one!
Eggroll in a Bowl: this one was super fast, but was really salty for me. I probably wouldn't make this one again, but it was worth the try!
{via}
Baby:
She's off and moving! What started off slowly this weekend with Ella using the walker has turned into this girl plowing full steam ahead on that thing! She is zipping around and I feel pretty confident that we'll have a walker on our hands by her first birthday.
Also, sort of on the baby front (kinda), I've dropped another pumping session, so now I'm only nursing Ella right before bed. That one will likely get dropped next week (or maybe the one after...). It's crazy to have some of my freedom back and not be tied to my pump at work all the time now. I've made it almost to the 11 month mark and I think that's pretty darn good!

Watching:
Vanderpump Rules: Why is Brittany still with Jax?!?!
RHOBH: Dorit bugs me so much.
Married at First Sight: I'm still very much into this and wondering if any of the couples will make it once the show ends

Drinking:
I'm trying to up my water intake. Since I've stopped pumping, I haven't been as good about downing water like I should.

Work:
I got a really strange email from a parent this week at work. I responded, and then got a REALLY strange response from the other parent, that was like 2 pages long and seemed to assume I knew things that were not explicitly stated in the first email from the other parent. Also, the topic is something that is NOT in my wheelhouse so I'm not even sure how it's my problem. Luckily my admin is taking care of it, but wow! Sometimes I'm amazed at the things parents focus on...

Which is one of the reasons why today's snow day is so welcome! We'll see what the rest of the week holds after this storm!
Now it's your turn to link up with Jessi and I below!




16 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for the shout out! So glad you liked Lindsay's recipe! Enjoy your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When mine were close to a year I only begin nursing at night and continued til 18 months. You guys and the storms, and here I thought we in Indiana had it bad. All you can do is cozy up and enjoy...Spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How crazy for a snow day but hey, I would take it too!! Yay for Ella starting to walk!! You're in real trouble now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. good lord that weather up there. not a fan! but yay for snow days with your sweet girl. um jax and britt. i dont know but i guess love can make us blind? lol. the whole tampa thing cracks me UP. and dorit can leave anytime now :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11 months of pumping/nursing is so good. I didn't make it that far with either of mine for various reasons. Hope you don't get too much snow. Thanks for the fun linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take those extra snuggles while you can! The parent emails... ugh. but so glad the admin is taking care of it for you. Need to try those meals, we are so bad about cooking these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your snow day!! I'll be over here pouting that it's still so darn cold in MARCH!!!!!!! BOOOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out girl! I'm glad you guys liked it! And hooray for getting that snow day today! I know you were excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on the nursing milestone of almost a year! I'm in shock its been that long! LOVE your Bravo obsession - I still have never watched VP Rules! Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you stay warm with all that snow!! I cannot believe winter is still going strong! That pasta with zucchini looks sooo good - perfect storm comfort food.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I love the photo you posted of Ella today. So cute. Enjoy your snow day!!! The parents email is just weird. I am so sorry. I can't wait to make the one pot beef and zucchini pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep I need that eggroll in a bowl! And I hear ya on regaining freedom as you slowly break up with the breast pump. It's bittersweet for sure, but one of the most amazing things we do for our babies. Sending lots of hugs as you wean completely. And ugh... Dorit on RHOBH - the worst!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like eggrolls, but every time I see that Pin or recipe posted, I just think that it doesn't look that good? Glad you didn't love it because now I know it's not just me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you all got some much snow! My sister in PA was telling me they got a foot! Dorit is just a different kind. First, the fake accent. Second, the fake boobs. Third, she's way to into stuff. Ugh, I hope she goes away!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!