Weekending: Walkin' and a Rollin'

Once again I'm a day late and a dollar short with my weekend recap--I'm sure you're not terribly surprised by that anymore haha.

This past weekend was a lot of fun, and definitely has me in the mood for Spring Break which is right around the corner (next week!)

My weekend highlights included:

~Getting some pretty flowers and a nice card from my coworkers at my belated birthday breakfast
~Watching this little nugget getting busy with pulling up and cruising all over the place
She's so proud of herself! haha
~Having our neighbors over for wine and cheese after putting Ella down for the night. They were over for 3 hours and it was fun chatting and getting to know them better. We definitely lucked out with having good people move in next door. Luckily their commute home wasn't too bad either ;)

~Saturday morning Ella took to walking with her walker. If you follow me on Instagram you saw the super cute video, and since then she's gotten even faster with it! She's on the move!!
~Cooper has also found himself a helper with getting his toys down for him...
~After Ella's insanely short nap (she has walking to do!!), we all went to the mall to exchange a pair of shoes for MG and I went to Pandora to get the smaller size of the ring MG got me for my birthday last week.

~After another short afternoon nap (grrrr!) we got our little good luck charm ready for a St. Paddy's day party at our friends' house. It was fun seeing everyone, and watching Ella play with some of the other kids there (by play I mean grab them haha), and love on everyone there. She was definitely a hit at the party!
~Ella and I left MG to have some uninterrupted time with his friends around her bedtime and I got home to a poop-explosion that required an immediate bath. Because this would happen when you're solo momming it.
That cute face makes up for the poop I experienced!
~Sunday morning MG ran some errands, and that afternoon we met up with our friends MK, her husband, and her daughter for lunch at True Kitchen. The food was good, and the girls loved looking and screeching at one another across the table--they were a trip!
~When Ella went down for her nap, I got out of the house for a couple of hours to return some things to Carter's (and buy some more of course), and then head to Loft to use some of my birthday giftcards. I ended up getting a cute light pink sweater with tie cuffs, and this shirt which was a Small, but I figured it'd probably shrink a bit in the wash. I know it's time to be shopping for Spring, but I couldn't resist these two pieces.
It has a slit along the sleeves
{via}
~I picked up Chipotle for dinner on the way home, and then we went for a quick family walk since the weather was relatively nice out.

~The rest of the night was pretty quiet for us. Right now we have the chance of snow today and into tomorrow, so we'll see if this gets us one last chance as a snow day off or delay. I certainly wouldn't complain!!

8 comments:

  1. What a super sweet weekend, love the loft sweater you got, the ties are so cute. Ending the weekend with Chipotle is always good, lol! and Ella looks so cute in her festive "Love" shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Ella is adorable and look at her go! She'll be walking by her birthday. 2. we have those same heart pants from carter's. 3. I have a pandora gift card and no clue what to get, need to see this ring. 4. Those tops... love! 5. Your converse! I need some. you are so hip. 6. Poop explosions always happen at the most inopportune times. But she is so darn cute post bath. 7. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tops from Loft!!!! And seriously-- poop explosions ALWAYS happen when on solo duty!!! WHY?! It's like they know and do it purposefully. XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe the snow we're about to get?! Isn't it supposed to be spring??? Also, Alice had 3 poop explosions this weekend...ah, the joy of transitioning to solid foods...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the poop explosions! I do NOT miss those! Haha. I can't believe you guys are getting more snow. I wouldn't even know what to do with that this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pieces that you got from Loft. So cute. I need some new Spring clothes. Of course you had a poop explosion when you were alone. It always happens. Ella is getting so close to running. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the poop. Love the loft shirts! Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet gesture from your coworkers!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!