{WHW} I Love

Sorry for being MIA for way too long, but last week was a DOOZY for us. Ella woke up from a nap the previous Saturday with a fever andlong story short, it ended up being a double ear infection which normally wouldn't be that bad, except for the fact that she refused to take the antibiotics. After having to take Tamiflu earlier in March when she had the flu, she's now generalized that to all the medicines in the syringes. We tried EVERYTHING--hiding it in food, forcing it (which she would gag and throw up), so eventually we had to give her intramuscular shots at the doctor for THREE DAYS! It was awful, and time consuming, and Ella missed out on more time from school for a double ear infection than she did when she had the flu. 

So last week was really busy with just doctor's appointments etc. Thankfully she's back in business and hopefully she can remain illness free through Spring Break in a couple of weeks. We REALLY need it so the germs stop running through her school and everyone gets a break from each other. Any given day there's only been 2-3 kids in her class because so many have been out with various illnesses.

So on that note, I made a list of things that I love, because anytime I get bogged down by life's hard stuff, I like to look at the good things around to refocus my lens and perspective.
I Love....

....sitting down with a good book, any time, but especially on a rainy day.

....finding a great book series

....a hot cup of coffee in the morning

.....sweet kisses and running, open armed hugs from my girl

....hearing "I yuh you" (I love you)

....finding a new recipe that's easy and super delicious (I have one of those to share c/o my brother-in-law)

....Bravo

....morning texts from my husband when he gets to work

.....couch snuggles 

....just because hugs

....clean sheets

....when someone else folds the laundry or empties the dishwasher

....a letter/card in the mail

....date nights

....traveling to a new city

...spending quality time with family

....waking up without an alarm

....driving with the sunroof open and the windows down

....giggles


Link up with Jessi and I and share what's hap-"pinning" with you!


8 comments:

  1. Oh lady, hang in there. This phase will eventually pass but it sucks so much. I have been there with E and tubes were our saving grace. But I am glad you could find some things you love to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many of those things, too -- but especially "I love you" and clean sheets. Praying this season passes soon for y'all. We heard that kids were sick with strep in the boys' classes and I was like, "Dude, it's APRIL!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping warm weather arrives and you get a break from the sickness! I can't even imagine what this year would've looked like for us and the baby if I'd gone back to work right away...allthegerms. So I'm grateful for that, even if it did involve quitting my job and moving lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good list, driving with the sunroof open and windows down is the best! Sorry she was sick AND refused the meds. Those little ladies can be stubborn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just so sorry to hear about Ella. Having the shot for 3 days. Poor girl. My girls had to take meds for croup and the only thing I could put them in was yogurt. They knew it was in everything else. It really sucked. I am sorry that she had to go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little thing. It is so hard when they're constantly getting sick at daycare. Her little immune system is going to be so strong in a couple of years, just you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean sheets, Bravo, couch snuggles, hugs...yup, meee too! Cheers to a better week for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! Yes! I also love having the windows open in the house (and driving with the windows down). Waking up without an alarms is for sure the best!
    Hope Ella is feeling getting! Sorry she had to get rocephin shots! Boo.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!