{WHW}: Spring has Sprung

Currently....
Reading....I'm Fine and Neither Are You. Got this one as one of the KindleFirst reads and it's not what I expected. To be determined if it's a winner or not.

Eating...take out. Because MG was out of the country for work again from Saturday to Tuesday morning so ordering out was on the docket Sunday and Monday, and dinner at our friends' house on Saturday.
(She loves her boys, and she adores their dad too)
Ready for...Spring Break. As in time off from work. I'm NOT ready as in packed and prepared to leave for St. Augustine, but if we could teleport there, I'd be totally down. Meeting up with Rachel from Cubicle Couture and her kiddos while we're there--any other FL friends nearby? Ready to explore the city, spend some time at the beach, and enjoy the time together.
Prepping....for Ella's tube surgery tomorrow morning. Hoping this gives our girl some relief from ear infections (and the need for antibiotics), but I am a little nervous for the anesthesia, and her not being able to eat when she wakes up until the surgery, bc she's always hungry first thing in the morning! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly!
Buying....a new living room rug. After some doggy accidents on the carpet that wouldn't come out, we were tired of the old rug and got this great one from Costco for a great price. It's shag, and blends well with our ottoman 
{via} (not our living room)
Loving...the warm weather lately (70s and 80s), and spending lots of time outside, especially this weekend. We celebrated a neighbor's daughter's 2nd birthday at our playground, and spent lots of time on "rock walks" (Ella's latest obsession). 
In awe....that Friday is MG's and my 5th anniversary. How it's already been 5 years is mind boggling. I'm so thankful for this man by my side. He's an amazing husband, and hands on dad and even though life can be stressful, he's always able to make me laugh. Thankful we get to spend a week together next week, with our littlest love.
(throwback to our first selfie together)
Annoyed....by the lack of communication from Ella's preschool. I adore her school, the teachers, etc but the lack of communication drives me nuts. Just got an email yesterday that we need to have pre-filled eggs for Thursday and Friday, which only gives a one day turn around to get this stuff. They are supposed to send out a weekly newsletter and we havent gotten one in 2 months. Just frustrating with the last minute notice on stuff.

Watching....we watched the second season of OA (super out there show, but engrossing), and now we're on the hunt for another series to binge on. Looking forward to Game of Thrones coming back, too!

What's been hap-"pinning" with you?


14 comments:

  1. Happy early anniversary!! We will be married 5 years in July and I still can't fathom that either haha!! I need a rug for the living room sooner rather than later. I hate buying things like that!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is so cute! My son is 18 month and is loving the outdoors but the pollen is not agreeing with him much!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so fun you're going to meet up with Rachel! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. How has it been 5 years?! Feels like yesterday.Let the school know how you feel, it was annoy the ever living crap out of me. Florida is so close!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Ella’s surgery goes well, and happy early anni! Y’all will have so much fun in Florida. And lack of communication drives me crazy too. I specifically asked for “a good communicator” when I went to Walker’s Kindergarten registration. 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Early Anniversary! I hear you on the packing and teleporting. When we go on the family beach trip every July we have to make a spread sheet for all the stuff we need to bring! This time of year is the best to be outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Ella's procedure goes well... will she be able to swim once she gets the tubes?! Hoping it brings her (and you guys!!) some relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to warm weather, new rug and Spring Break! Praying for miss E tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so funny you mention the preschool thing. I text the owner of ours yesterday asking about the very same thing because I hadn't heard or seen anything. I love them there but lack of communication is a struggle sometimes here too. Luckily Bowen's little party isn't until Tuesday but still I need time to plan. I hope everything goes well with Ella's surgery. Hoping this is just what she needs to help her. Happy early Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate last minute notice for things I need to then scramble to get.

    Happy anniversary and almost vacation! I hope surgery goes smoothly tomorrow and helps Ella's ears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Ella is in my prayers! Everything will be great and you will be so thankful that you did it!! She is going to be well so much more now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such an adorable couple! Happy anniversary!!!!! HUGS Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm SO ready for Game of Thrones! And I'll be saying all of the prayers for Ella's surgery! Alice had tubes put in and they worked wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter had tubes put in when she was about 15 months and she was basically not sick for an entire year after. It was amazing. Also, it seems scary, but her procedure was first thing in the morning and by 8:30 AM we were eating donuts. She was scared/disoriented when she first woke up though. It will go well!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!