Holy Crock Pot!

If you know me, you know that I love my crock pot. I adore it. In fact,

for Christmas this year, I asked for a 6qt programmable crock pot so that I could make a wider variety of things while away at work. Since I started using crock pots 4ish years ago when I moved out on my own, there have been very few things that I've made that I don't like. Tonight was the first time that I used my new 6qt crock, and boy was the dinner good!

A little over a year ago, I discovered the website A Year of Slow Cooking and it is absolutely amazing! Tonight I made the Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers (but I substituted salsa for the pasta sauce). These are incredibly healthy (minus the cheese, but a little dairy in your diet doesn't hurt. Or, if you're like me and you think you might have been a mouse in a past life for your love of cheese, you won't mind it at all!) I took a picture of one of them (already nicely contained in some tupperware, ready to be taken for lunch at work!)

It's like burrito filling in a pepper. Which may sound funny but it is delicious! It made a somewhat chilly, rainy day much better!

Happy weekend!

***3.8.11 Update: These are still really good as leftovers! I wasn't sure how they would hold up but they have and they are still amazingly tasty the next day! Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Saying hi from MIngle Monday! That stuffed pepper looks so amazing! My boyfriend and I did long distance for four years of college...and we are still 2 hours apart from each other, so I know how hard that can be! I"m excited to follow you!

    Michaela
    http://chasingtheextraordinary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!