Post-Vacation Depression

Hey everyone! I'm back from Spring Break/visiting the Boyfriend in St. Louis. Unfortunately the weather was not very pleasant (usually pretty cold and overcast with storms, hail, and/or tornados), so I came back to D.C. the same pasty pale color I left it. To tell you how little sunlight we had in STL, when I got off the plane and went outside to wait for my parents to pick me up at the airport, I was literally taken aback by the amount of sunshine. Felt like I had been living in a cave and finally came out to discover sunlight haha.

Anyway, the week off was great and much needed! I think Boyfriend and I really needed this time to be together and re-remember all of the reasons why me moving out there this summer is going to be great!

The week nights were full of stuff for us to do, including my first every Passover dinner with Boyfriend and his family. I'd never had matzo ball soup before and it was really yummy. The dinner itself was good and the traditions were really neat to see and be a part of!

{via}

It also happened that the Nationals were in St. Louis while I was there, so Boyfriend and I found one rainless night (this was a feat in and of itself) and went to the game where we shivered in the 50 degree night air (despite eating nachos, and drinking our weight in beer, we were still cold). In front of us, though, was a family from Germantown, MD which is only 5 minutes from where I grew up and where my parents currently live. Small world! Here is a view of the stadium around 6 when we got there. No tornados that day!

See?? No rain!!
And then Friday night, the infamous Tornado night that I talked about here, we went to Copia Urban Winery for dinner and had reservations in their Wine Garden that features a retractable roof. And boy am I sure glad they did since we ended up getting tornado-rain that night.


{via}
If you're ever in the STL area, this is a great restaurant with a fabulous selection of wine! Highly recommended! (Just don't go when there is a tornado coming!! haha)

So, even after a week of icky weather (and tan-less skin) and a tornado that blew apart the airport (which subsequently gave me an extra day in "the Lou"), I am still sad to be gone from Boyfriend, once again. It sucks going back to sleeping alone when you get used to going to sleep and waking up next to someone. We had such a good time even in spite of the weather (there's no one else I'd rather be stuck inside of a bathroom with during tornado warnings!) and it hardcore sucked to leave. So, this girl left her heart (and a pair of jeans--oops!) in St. Louis!

The countdown is on... roughly 2 months and counting before I become a midwesterner! In the meantime, I'm back to the world of blogging. I missed you guys!!
Hope you all are having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you were safe in STL. That storm looked scary. And as for becoming a Midwesterner..welcome to the club! (Although I still like to be in denial that Chicago is not considered the Midwest..I guess that's what happens when you grow up on the East coast.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the "midwestern welcome"! I totally know what you mean about being in denial about it. I am trying to embrace with open arms. Although, I feel like the big cities in the midwest aren't REAL midwest (like Missour-ah is different than St. Louis). Where on the east coast did you grow up?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!