Weekend Update

It was a weekend that flew by, but was pretty fun!

Friday night MG and I went to a bday party for one of his friends. The place was cool, but it was kind of loud so it made it hard to have quality interactions with people (you know, without going "Huh? What did she say?....Oh....haha....wait...what?") 
The one discovery we had for the night was using Uber cab for the first time. It's a high-end cab service. They come SUPER fast, they had water and candy in the cab waiting for us. AND, the driver rates YOU as being a good or bad passenger. It was a bit more pricey than other cabs, but we're totally gonna use it again for the sheer ease of use and quickness of pickup.

Saturday I had another book club where we discussed Brain on Fire (read my review here). It was a lot of fun, and just nice to hang out with a group of girls and talk about the book, and then venture into other topics like reality tv haha.

That night MG and I went out to dinner with my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday. It was really nice seeing them and spending time together. It started to snow on our way to see them, and kept coming down during dinner, so we had to leave pretty quickly to make sure it'd be safe for all of us to get home. Loved seeing my parents tho :)

Sunday was errands and getting ready for the Superbowl at our friends/neighbors' place.
Before heading over there MG and I decided to take in a movie. He suggested Warm Bodies and I had NO idea what he was talking about. Turns out it was a romantic-comedy type movie centering around zombies.
Let's just say, I was still not convinced. I went into the movie telling him that if it was a terrible pick, I was going to torture him with a super girly movie. It ended up being pretty funny in some parts and well done. I'd recommend it as a good movie for a guy and girl to see together--it has something for everyone. But, if you don't like to look at zombies, then maybe you should pass on this one.

So, on to the Superbowl "party"....The food was SO yummy--there was buffalo chicken meatballs, jalapeno popper dip, spinach artichoke dip....basically my inner fat kid's happy dream! :) I stayed until about 9:30 and then headed back home to take care of Coop and get ready for bed. But I still stayed up and watched til the end because the game got so exciting. 
Cooper was less than interested, though...

All in all, it was a great weekend. Went by way too quickly tho....but I guess that's how they always go!
What;d you get into this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Fun weekend, never heard of that cab app.

    Awww lil cooper, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard warm bodies was like twilight but with zombies. you think i would like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering about that movie too. Maybe I'll just wait for it to come out on Redbox. Found your blog through the link-up, can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see Warm Bodies. Maybe I can convince the hubby to go see it sometime this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cab service is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOTALLY want to see Warm Bodies! Glad to know it got a good review from someone who was unconvinced going in. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!