Teaser Tuesday

I'm participating, for the first time in Teaser Tuesday with Should be Reading. Here's how it works:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My current read is Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson  and David Oliver Relin

"The driver locked up the brakes and the truck slid to a stop amid the deafening cacophony of dozens of AK-47's firing on full automatic. Khan unwrapped Mortenson's blindfold and squeezed him to his chest."

and 

"Mortenson still didn't believe him, but the first handful of rupees helped to convince him his ordeal was finally over."

I'm hoping this doesn't ruin the book, because I turned to a page I haven't even gotten to yet! haha.

Are you intrigued enough to read it?


5 comments:

  1. no. i don't read books with words like "cacophony" but maybe i should i can get better with Words with Friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this one! :) Sounds good - I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Here's my Teaser from Moon Called! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teasers! And welcome!

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/teaser-tuesday-aug-30/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! Maybe I'll check it out during my next grad school break, when I actually have time to read books for pleasure again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book when it first came out and truly enjoyed it. Happy reading.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-creep-by-jennifer-hillier.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!