Turkey day is coming....

....do you have your expandable clothing ready??


Or, perhaps your Thanksgiving head-gear?
OMG, how much I would pay to see an entire table of people wearing this...hahah. That poor child.
I have been on a serious workout slump since my dad had his heart attack a few weeks ago (a slump as in, it hasn't happened). During all of that, there was no time for the gym, the next week was hectic and then I was in San Diego. This week is proving to be just as difficult, and the crummy weather we're having in DC is making it hard for me to be motivated to do anything but put on a pair of sweats and lay on the couch. Needless to say, this Thanksgiving's eating festivities could be extremely fattening.

And, on top of that, I'm going up to Philly on Saturday to go to MG's 30th bday party with his family (his birthday is the next week, and I'm throwing him one down here). So, I'm gonna have to do my best not to gorge myself to the point of being the spokesperson for Good-Year:
blimp status

I DO love Thanksgiving though...I love how the time of year brings families close together and makes you appreciate the things that you have. And, the food is definitely a positive point. Some of my favorite foods from Thanksgiving are: 




Stuffing: my mom makes THE best stuffing ever. She doesn't use a recipe, but goes through the spice rack and adds random amounts of different things as she goes. Somehow it always ends up tasting awesome.  Maybe it's just that extra special "mom" touch! I especially love the crunchy stuffing. Mmmm!








Cranberry Sauce (jellied, and without the chunks): I don't know why but I love this stuff. Maybe it's the mix of tangy sweetness that counteracts with all of the savory stuff from the rest of the meal, but I love it. But, if it has chunks in it, I'm not touching it!




Squash Casserole: this might sound really nasty but it is AMAZING. It's a recipe my aunt used to make for us when we we go up to NJ for Thanksgiving with her and her family. I can't even think of a way to describe it, but it's SO good. Maybe this Thanksgiving I'll take pictures of the final product to show you all, and perhaps post the recipe, since it's seriously SO good. We make this for Christmas, too, and sometimes I beg my mom to make it at other times during the year when I'm craving it! (The pic to the right is as close a picture as I could find to what it really looks like).



Apple pie: myself and my family aren't huge pumpkin pie fans...something about the consistency of the inside just doesn't do it for me. I know, I know...it's like a human travesty. BUT, I do love apple pie...especially when it's topped with vanilla ice cream. To. Die. For. So, we still get our pie fix in, even if it isn't pumpkin!




Those are my favorites! (I'm totally drooling now, looking at those pics.) Don't get me wrong, I love turkey and sweet potatoes and most other things Thanksgiving, but these are the ones that I look forward to the most....and therefore am more prone to have second and third helpings of.  I might have to bring some workout clothes to my parents' place so that I can jog around the block a few times to move those fat cells around a bit before and after all of this yummy food!

What foods are your absolute favorites of Thanksgiving?  Do you have your elastic waist-band clothing ready?? :)


4 comments:

  1. I totally have my "stretchy" clothes ready to wear on Turkey Day!! Gotta be prepared, right!? haha

    xx
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Those are my favorites too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO with you on the apple pie>pumpkin pie issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I just got such a taste for apple pie now!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!