Thirsty Thursday: Virtual Happy Hour #6

Halllllllllll-elujah, it's finally Thursday which means we are SO close to that glorious long weekend!!! As you can tell, I'm *slightly* excited for it, but I'm also excited for the 6th edition of the amazeballs Trish and myself's Thirsty Thursday link up!


Share drinks (if you want), stories about whatever, and the ultimate purpose of a Happy Hour: relax and enjoy!

My drink for the week is:

Strawberry Basil Bellini
{via}
  • For the Simple Syrup:
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 cup Water
  • For the cocktail:
  • ½ cups Strawberries Plus Extra For Garnish If Desired
  • 1 ounce, fluid Simple Syrup
  • 2 whole Small Basil Leaves Plus Extra For Garnish If Desired
  • 1 bottle Prosecco Or Your Favorite Sparkling Wine, 750 ML Bottle

Directions:
For the simple syrup mix one cup sugar and one cup water in a saucepan, stir and bring to a boil. Once sugar is dissolved remove pan from heat. Refrigerate until cold.
Blend the first three cocktail ingredients in a blender until pureed.
Divide the puree between four glasses and top with Prosecco or your favorite sparkling wine. Garnish with a slice of strawberry and basil leaf.
Now that we have our drink....What's on your Mind?
Memorial Day Weekend
MG and I are heading up early Saturday morning to Hershey, PA for our friends' wedding. Luckily it's a 5pm wedding so we have plenty of time in case we hit traffic along the way. Definitely looking forward to that, and then having an extra day to recover from everything (and maybe get some more painting done around the condo!) I'm going to wear this dress to the wedding, I think -->
I went back and forth about that one and another one that is kind of a sear-sucker pattern, but since it's white with light gray I didn't want to risk it and be the dumb-dumb who makes the faux pas of wearing white to a wedding. Think this dress will work for an evening wedding?
Massages
I am in desperate need of a massage. I tried to book the massage that MG got me for Xmas (I know, how could I have NOT used it already?) but none of the dates that I could do it were available. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. My shoulder and neck are SO tight I might need a steamroller to work out those knots! Gaaah!!
Farting
Oh yes, you read that correctly. I dunno what is going on lately, but the kids I work with have been little farting monsters! The primary culprits have been my 3rd graders, but I did have to stop a lesson with my 7th graders to have a discussion about how "everybody farts, but that doesn't mean it needs to interrupt our therapy time"...which of course prompted the question "Everybody, Miss Z? Even you?" Ugh, lol. The 3rd grade ones have been bad. I had one kid earlier this week let one rip that was so horrible in smell that I had to ask him if he needed to use the bathroom. It was TERRIBLE! What are these kids eating??? My nose is counting down the days left of school with me.....

Work and a Cancelled Vacation
Work has screwed me out of the trip to Vegas with MG. So no more trip to Austin OR to Vegas, and it's all because people are idiots and wait until the last minute to schedule meetings. I'm so annoyed, bummed and aggravated that someone else's lack of planning has impacted my ability to do something fun for myself. Story of my life here I guess....I can't stand working at a place that is SO disorganized and run so poorly! Grrr!!!

Changes
I realized that yesterday marked one year since my ex and I broke up. The fact that I wasn't actively thinking about it (I actually had to look up my post about it on here to remember when exactly it happened) says a lot about how different things are now. I can't even begin to describe how much happier I am now, how much better and more trusting of a relationship I'm in, and just how great things are. Instead of being about to move across country to live with someone who wasn't 100% sure about the whole thing, I'm about to be moving in with someone who I absolutely love and adore, trust with all of my heart, and wants to be with me as much as I want to be with him. He has a family who I love, and love me back, and makes my innate worrying self able to take a vacation from the worries. He's one of the best people I know, and I feel so blessed to be in such a happy spot 1 year later. 
How about that for a sappy end to a happy hour?? You know, sometimes that can happen after a few drinks ;)
Now it's time to get back to my regular ole life....and get through the rest of the week so I can enjoy the LONG weekend! Can't wait to see you all back here next week!
Don't forget to link up!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great link up party! I probably shouldn't read these recipes so early in the morning... I am getting Thirsty and it isn't even 7am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you've found someone who makes you happy... have fun at the wedding! and get that massage!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwww farting gross, that's crazy!

    Bummer about work, So sorry to hear that love!

    HOORAY the difference a YEAR makes! We are friends and of course you are over the moon in love with MG (who is over the moon too yay)! Nothing but sparkles for you love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress will definitely work for an evening wedding - it looks great on you!

    That is super funny about the farting kids - especially how they asked you if you fart, too. Hahaha!! And so sorry about your cancelled trip - hopefully next year you'll be working in a better place that is ORGANIZED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the link up party!
    I was on such a high reading the bellini recipe that I completely skipped over the part about farting kids ;)
    x Jes, www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading your post a year ago! Im so happy you have found someone to treat you right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dress! Definitely go with that one.

    And yes, i started reading your blog a year ago... its been so great seeing your relationship with MG develop and i'm so happy you found happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress you picked out for the wedding is adorable!

    I loved the sappy ending to your post and I'm happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i guess my comment this morning didn't come thru. too bad. it was a really good farting story i know you're dying to hear. maybe i'll tell you about that another day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that dress is perfect for an evening wedding. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that dress is perfect! I'm sorry about your vacays :( All of our trips get messed up by Army stuff too. Hence why we never had a honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, how sweet! So glad for you that you've found a better relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post made me laugh and smile!
    Jeesh, my mum works in a primary school and she has also commented on how kids have been producing a lot of gas lately! Maybe all these parents have been plotting something. "Let's test the patience of the teachers by gassing them out with our kids." Who knows.
    That's so lovely that you have found a partner who is much better for you :) I have recently been through a breakup and I hope I am as happy as you look in a years time with someone better!
    Such a shame about your trips as well.
    Jazz xx
    cupcakesnsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!