Book Review: On the Island

I read this book a while ago, but for some reason I never posted my review. So, without further ado....

I breezed through this book that I read and felt like I should share it with you all.

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
{via}

It's a story about a 30 year old teacher, Anna, who agrees to be a tutor over the summer for a 16 year old boy, T.J., who has just recovered from Hodgkin's Disease, to catch him up on his schoolwork. The kicker? It's tutoring over the summer while the family vacations in the Maldives. Not too shabby, right?
A series of events happen, though, and the two end up in a plane crash. They find their way to an island and the book really picks up from there.

It's a great story about survival, relationships, and ultimately, life. 

I thought the book was really easy to read. I started reading it while I was on the elliptical at the gym and suddenly realized I'd read 81 pages. It took me less than a week to finish the book. It had me wanting to read more and more to find out what would happen. Each chapter alternates telling the story from either Anna, or T.J.'s perspective.

I'd definitely recommend this book if you're looking for something that's an easy read, but grips you pretty quickly. 

Maybe don't read it if you're about to take a trip to the Maldives, though. Just sayin' :)

5 comments:

  1. oh i love books that alternate the character's voices. i'd consider this book for that reason. good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I might have to add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY book reviews!

    I'll put this on my growing list of books to try :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also loved this book. I was a little unsure about the story line, but I think the author really did a good job of making it not creepy/inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I love books that draw you in. I'll have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!