Guest Post: {Chelsea @ Life is a Sunset}

I have another lovely blogging buddy to keep you entertained while I'm away. I met Chelsea at a blogger meet up about a year and a half ago--She's a total sweetheart, is amazingly inspirational, and is a girl that is following her dreams! What better way to wrap up the week than with a little inspiration? So, here's Chelsea! Check out her post below, and her blog!
~.~.~.~

Hi there! I'm Chelsea, an East-Coast girl who recently followed my heart all the way to San Diego to start a new life and I blog over at Life is a Sunset! While Jenn is away traveling and enjoying gorgeous weather, I figured I'd share a little with you about my biggest travel adventure - the trek cross-country from Virginia to California.

First, let me tell you that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I knew for almost 10 years that San Diego was going to eventually be home for me one day. So, I saved my money as much as possible for years. This past year, life hit pretty hard when I lost my mom and I realized that life is just too short to put off your biggest dreams. I quit my job, started packing up my life, making arrangements with shipping companies, and three weeks later, I was in my car... Westward Bound!


Oh, that's just me jumping for joy at the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas. It's a piece of art made up of old Cadillacs stuck in the ground and spray-painted throughout the years right off the freeway. If you're passing by, I highly suggest making a pit stop here!

The Wild West has always fascinated me because, compared to where I'm originally from, so much of the West seems untouched. And the views! I was speechless.





I got so much thinking done on this trip. It was the time when I decided I'd be growing my hair out to donate it in honor of my mom [you can read about the day I donated it here!] and I also decided against the career path I thought I'd be taking once I arrived in San Diego. It's crazy how life works. It really is.

But this trip was such an amazing life experience. In three and a half days, I drove from coast to coast, seeing multiple terrains, cultures, and cuisines throughout the trip. It reminded me of what life is all about. Life is to be lived. All I can say is... follow your heart and make your dreams a reality.

It's not always easy but it will be worthwhile in the end.

For more on my life's adventures, stop by my blog and say hi! I'd love to meet you :) Thank you, Jenn for having me today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!